Pentax Optio S5z

Announced May 11, 2005 •
Pawel Mazur

I really enjoyed using this camera for a few years. It broke once when I took it to a beach and sand stopped the lenses to move when turning on and off but I got it fixed under my warranty (nice!). Now it broke again with the lens cover fins not to open and close when turning on/off and there is an ugly dot visible in the pictures when shooting at any focal length other than at the wide angle (might be a dirt or mold on lenses or sensor). Apparently I could get it fixed for $140, but this ...

mark_prat

my 3-rd camera, after Sony DSC-p10 this is really ultra compact one. outdoor picture are sharp and really colored. S-macro mode is very good. small size and metal body made this camera useful everywhere. Problems: Flash is poor. from 5m distance picture are very noisy.

Ayhan GEDUK

This is good for travel. I have bought a Pro1 and it is too big. I compare the pictures, It is almost the same. I couldn't get the print out out yet. it is soo fast if u compare the small battery it is ok. When you review the pictures it is very very fast. I bought it one extra battery, bag, 512mb sd card totally 284usd. Problems: not so far

Joely

Hey Guy, just wanted to post something as there has only really been 1 other post about the camera. I have to say when u see this camera u wont believe how much stuff it has got jammed packed into it. It also is one of the most asthetically pleasing cameras to look at that i have ever seen. Overall everything on it is excellent except photo's taken at a distance. As the lens is so small (and as i have read in other forums) it does not allow too much light into the lens and the flash doesnt ...