Pentax Optio S5z

Announced May 11, 2005 •
Pawel Mazur

I really enjoyed using this camera for a few years. It broke once when I took it to a beach and sand stopped the lenses to move when turning on and off but I got it fixed under my warranty (nice!). Now it broke again with the lens cover fins not to open and close when turning on/off and there is an ugly dot visible in the pictures when shooting at any focal length other than at the wide angle (might be a dirt or mold on lenses or sensor). Apparently I could get it fixed for $140, but this ...

Nickshuff

I had an optio S originally (mainly for taking out with me on all occasions, and using mostly indoors), followed by a sony p10. The p10 was useless at indoor photography, with many photos coming out blurred. I have now gone back to the Pentax, in the shape of the s5z, and can't fault it. (especially now that the cost has dropped right down to less than £170) Problems: None

mark_prat

my 3-rd camera, after Sony DSC-p10 this is really ultra compact one. outdoor picture are sharp and really colored. S-macro mode is very good. small size and metal body made this camera useful everywhere. Problems: Flash is poor. from 5m distance picture are very noisy.

Brunoo1

poor image quailty : soft pictures, high noise levels. I have now bought a only 199 euros Samsung A50, it delivers much more better still pictures and movies. This Optio S5Z has some interesting features (in camera editing options, pan focus/infinity mode), but images are really not sharp.

Ayhan GEDUK

This is good for travel. I have bought a Pro1 and it is too big. I compare the pictures, It is almost the same. I couldn't get the print out out yet. it is soo fast if u compare the small battery it is ok. When you review the pictures it is very very fast. I bought it one extra battery, bag, 512mb sd card totally 284usd. Problems: not so far

Joely

Hey Guy, just wanted to post something as there has only really been 1 other post about the camera. I have to say when u see this camera u wont believe how much stuff it has got jammed packed into it. It also is one of the most asthetically pleasing cameras to look at that i have ever seen. Overall everything on it is excellent except photo's taken at a distance. As the lens is so small (and as i have read in other forums) it does not allow too much light into the lens and the flash doesnt ...

adamsky101

This camera is amazing!! I was given this camera as a present after working really hard and I couldnt get over how small it was!! Its about the size of a credit card, just a bit thicker. Its got a lovely big screen on the back which doesnt gain up in bright light but to be honest ive had no problems with it at all!! Also dont believe these reviews that say you cant view pictures in playback mode without having the lens extended..........CRAP!!! If you care to read the manual, you will find ...