Pentax Optio 550

Announced Feb 18, 2003 •
Tj123

I love Pentax. But after buying this camera, I am not sure if I will buy another. The outdoor photos are always fantastic, but the indoor & action photos are always very poor. I am quite disappointed. Problems: indoor photos are very very poor & there is way too much noise.

perrellik

Noise, noise, noise! Pincushion distorsion at middle zoom. Problems: See above

I'll never buy another Pentax again unless you want to just look at it Fit and finish good options good Battery life is outstanding Problems: Extreme low light noise grossly distorted pictures. Difficult focusing When I approached customer service on the distortion. Their answer was within acceptable limits. CRAP! I took and compared the same photos with another major brand. No contest.. I'll never buy another Pentax again unless you want to just look at it

Jim Kaniclides

I've had this camera for a week and plan to return it. It seemed like the perfect camera - 5mp, 5x optical zoom, and compact. However, image quality on indoor shots is very poor and the auto focus in low light seemd a bit tempermental. Outdoor shots were excellect; however, with a 6 month old child as my primary photo object, I need a much better low light/indoor camera. I also tested the Cannon s400 for a week and believe it is a better option for me.