Pentax Optio 330

Announced May 29, 2001 •
ignay

Had it for one year. Sharp pictures, excellent UI, excellent form factor. Wireless remote works great for night photography! Problems: Low light focus.

Eugen Jeggle

I bought it, I love it...excellent. Yes, I did notice the difficulties in focusing however, in dark liht, or on a white wall. I can not get the camera to focus on a white wall, no matter the light. I found that if I make the focus range wide, and when trying to focus let something small, like a lamp be part of the focus area...it works. Problems: Focusing is difficult

Eugene D

serious battery life issues I recently got the camera (brand new) and like it very much. It's metal body looks and feels great, has a lot of features including manual controls and very easy to navigate menu interface. However, I have a serious battery life problem because I can only take 18 pictures before the battery is depleted! ( using LCD screen, w/ about 50% taken with flash in warm temperatures) I doubt that this is usual for a brand new and fully charged battery. Also, the camera ...

Susan Young

I have had my Optio330 for 6 months now and I love it too.If you read the book and experiment with the settings ,you will get great shots. I have 2 batteries that were included when I bought the camera and I have the cable to hook up to the computer & TV so we have instant photos to send etc. I use the ACD systmes photo program and send links to people when I have lots of photos.That way I can still keep the high resolution for viewing and family and Friends get a great photo. Its a super ...

I also have problems with focus in dark rooms, places where spots are around you everywhere(exept the place where your kids are). The darknes of the picts. i fix them in adobe photoshop. Its a nice small camera i take it whith me everywhere i go. Problems: focussing in dark places, sharpnes is bad while i am zooming at something at close range

I have owned three digital cameras including the Optio 330 and we honestly picked this camera primarily on it's size. As some reviewers have mentioned, a camera is only good if you have it with you and this camera is definitely small enough to take anywhere. I find it to have an amazing amount of features for it's size plus it is extremely intuitive to use. I browsed the manual when we bought the camera and haven't had to look at it again since. Picture quality is very clear, but somehow ...

as my first digital camera, I find that I use it more than a manual mostly due to size and ease of use. It seems very responsive. I seem to have difficulty taking night shots although I have tried various methods. I get a lot of blur while trying to take night shots. Normally I don't take pictures well, but digital seems to help. Problems: Just the night thing. I am pretty sure its me, but in this instance, the setting are not as easy to follow as lets say the normal day light settings.

Bought this camera about 3 months ago and I don't regret it. Very easy to use and the quality is superb. It's steel casing is very stirdy giving this camera a very sleek look. It's a real eye catcher when you bring this baby out in public. The LCD is really good as well. Only drawbacks so far are some over exposed shots in bright lighting (ie beach) and the flash could be a little stronger as well. I am however very satisfied with my purchase. Problems: Only real complaint stems from Pentax ...

superb camera, now with the new ultraflash cf card it uses less battery and i can take a lot of pics with flash and it is very fast, it is small even tiny, i love it Problems: no

bernd stoeckl

Good image quality. Very easy to use. Handy, I have it always with me. However the focus... see below Problems: Very serious focus problems. Objects in the shade on a sunny day are a problem already, with full zoom things are getting even more problematic. Indoor shots in a pub e.g. are virtually impossible. I am thinking to sell it and buy the Canon S40