Pentax Optio 330

Announced May 29, 2001 •
Bunny Schmidt

Shortly after purchase many things quit working. It would not zoom, delete nor display previous photos taken. I sent it back and it was 6 weeks before they returned it. I tested it and thought all features were working when suddenly the 4 way controller and set-up program quit working. I have just returned it again. I suggested they replace it this time.

Just get to play with this camera for 2 days and I reliased that other then small and ease of use, it is not really worth the money to have one. If you are a person going for high quality and very fast focusing speed, I do recommend you not to get this. Problems: Battery life is very short, only can take around 30-50. Focusing is slow and something it can't focus when it is too near. Zooming seems has problem too. During night, the quality is very bad. However, day time they do produce good ...

I am contemplating in purchasing the Pentax 330. Does anyone have a weblink to photos using the Pentax 330 that were taking at night or the dark?

Eric LUM

Smalll in size and classy look, like the Canon IXUS series. Got it cheap at USD420 brand new. Problems: Slow focus and very bad at low light condition. Focal range is bad and zoom is not sharp. What is the use having a blurr 3.34 mpixel camera? I had six digital camera and this is no where near my other 2.1 mpixel DC (Olympus & Sony). Battery life is a shame.

I recieved the 330 as a gift and my first opinion of the camera was that it was very small and hence low on features. However i was pleasantly surprised. The 330 has exceeded my expectations, with a great level of manual adjustment available. Problems: The camera is slightly noisy and gets a bit hot but this doesn't bother me. The only extra which this camera needs is a micrphone for the movie mode!

Frank Hayes

I had a complete Nikon SLR film outfit and found that I wasn't using it because of the size of the camera and the issues with hauling around all the equipment. I used my Rollei 35S much more but still hadn't used it in the last 5 years as much as I would have liked. I thought if I had a digital camera which was gave more immediate results I would take more "snaps." Boy, was I right. I use it for pleasure and business. I take photographs of my trips and include them in my reports. People ...

I was looking for a super compact digital camera, and it came down to the Optio 330 and Ixus V. I chose the Optio for its longer zoom, higher resolution and because it has a cross piece for menu selection, which should (*should*) have made menu navigation easier. Also, the Optio can use Nokia phone batteries, which are a cheap backup compared with buying another Pentax battery. Overall, the camera is satisfactory. I cannot say I am completely happy with it, but it does its job. However, many ...

I find the quality of the video to be very poor - worse than a analog camcorder. I'm told this seems to be true for most 'still' cameras with 'move mode' feature - ie. better to get one without this feature & a digital camera if you want both...

A compact digicam for office use. Fastrating when using out door coz of small battery capacity. No point getting biger memory chip,coz the fully charged battery can't even support thehigh no of photos taking to be saved in a 32mb card. Problems: poor design in camera power source.

Skyline

A good overall performer, and compared to the Olympus C2500L I do find that the image quality is better. If used with respect some very descent photos can be obtained. ie: try to get the subject in focus as much as possible before pressing the trigger! If you manage that then you will have a very balanced photo, with rich faithful colours and good detail Problems: Unless the subject is brightly lit most pictures are a tad off focus.