Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1

Announced Feb 26, 2006 •
7 megapixels | 2.5 screen | Four Thirds sensor
Rodriaan Spruit

Very nicely built camera with attractive 14-50 2.8/3.5 kit lens. Operation is 'old-school', which I like. I never got colors, contrast and sharpness of the jpeg engine to my liking. I did not want to be forced to shoot raw always, therfor I sold the camera after 2 years for almost the same price. I bought a Olympus E1 instead. Although lower pixel count (5 vs 7,5 MP) I like the results from the Olympus MUCH better than of the Panasonic. The built in bounce flash really works great! Problems: ...

Jhaha

DMC-L1 performance Having used this camera for over a month and taken more than 200+ pictures, I found the performance is quite good medium and marco ranges except I could not get a sharp picture at wide angle (14 - 18mm). May be the new len can improve this. Problems: Wide angle sharpness to be improved

wkay

Well built, full featured, manual controls (external f-stop/speed conrols) a great relief to digging through menus. Some very nice composing features thru the LCD (such as 10X display for manual focus). However, the camera is far too large for the functions it performs and it really seems to be more of a 'boutique' camera for middle aged upscale men who want to show off their Porsches rather than a serious photographer's tool. Image quality issues cripple the Leica lens. The Four Thirds ...

mark144

A price of 1999.00 seems to me to be a huge rip-off for 7.5 Megapix. Should have been closer to the 10 or over. I rather now get the Nikon and use my Hass lenses. I have no rating for this Camera as I dont have one, but

mark144

I have no rating for this Camera as I dont have one, but a price of 1999.00 seems to me to be a huge rip-off for 7.5 Megapix. Should have been closer to the 10 or over. I rather now get the Nikon and use my Hass lenses.

Received one of these for Father's Day.See problems. Problems: Could not re-access setup menus after setting initial date and time. Zoom lens moved to fully extended position when camera turned on and could not be adjusted. 16MB chip that came with camera indicated zero storage remaining with no photos taken. Quess what is going back to the dealer!

Why would people believe that you should get no noise at high ISO? You do not get anything for nothing. Even film grain increased with high ISO films. Stop your crying and accept there will always be "limits!"

odd to review before it's released. this is more of a "I hope they..." I do agree that on a DSLR, you should be able to shoot at high iso's without fears of excessive noise. And a 28-55 would be a nice lens to start with.

I agree with Nice Snob Dr Howard

This could well be my next camera. But: focal length should start at 28mm (35mm eq.) wide Problems: I would certainly miss "my" adjustable LCD display.