Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1

Announced Feb 26, 2006 •
7 megapixels | 2.5 screen | Four Thirds sensor

I am a NikonSLR user.I like L1.Because his manuel control, outstanding image quality(though it made and desigh in Japan ,has an extrodinary LEICA GENRE).It's a good camera.For Only D200 can compare with it's(cost/price).There is dramatic image quality of L1,not only the high resolution. L1 has a better kit Lens provide excellent proformance. You can;t miss this Camera!

January '07 UPDATE: I have had my L1 for about 4 months. I am barely at the point of being able to manipulate this equipment's flexibility, which is vast, as well as understand its capabilities and its limitations. Having the outboard shutter speed knob and aperture ring in particular is a pleasure. Having outboard buttons for various other functions (ISO in particular and switching between auto and manual focus) are very handy. I guess I'm lucky because the ergonomics are perfect for me ...

At HK$15,300 it is now available in Hong Kong. And what an engineering and technological masterpiece it is. Big on features, but the only downside is its a big camera. At least it feels big because of its square sides. Holding it and using the various features is a delight and takes me back to the good (and bad) old days of film SLRs. It's worth checking it out if you appreciate quality and don't mind the price. You certainly get what you pay for. Problems: 1. Finding the money to buy it. 2. ...

Ok.....I must say I'm a bit pissed off. This is the camera I want. I need a new digital camera and I'm waiting for some prices and information on the availibility of this thing and though anounced in February still nothing. So...am I waiting only to find out that I can't afford it and need to be looking at other options? Am I waiting for a new camera when I could have a long time ago bought something I know i can afford? Well so far as this camera goes the construction is non exsistant so ...

This camera appears to set the gold standard for Panasonic. Not enough is known to make an objective analysis - just conjecture - at the moment. Problems: The nomenclature is too close to other Panasonic cameras. One fellow posted here berating the camera - knowing full well that no one has a fully functioning factory production camera in hand. The focus appears to be contrast rather than phase. Contrast focusing leads to problems - by its nature. It may be too small for the real aficionado's ...

mark144

A price of 1999.00 seems to me to be a huge rip-off for 7.5 Megapix. Should have been closer to the 10 or over. I rather now get the Nikon and use my Hass lenses. I have no rating for this Camera as I dont have one, but

mark144

I have no rating for this Camera as I dont have one, but a price of 1999.00 seems to me to be a huge rip-off for 7.5 Megapix. Should have been closer to the 10 or over. I rather now get the Nikon and use my Hass lenses.

Received one of these for Father's Day.See problems. Problems: Could not re-access setup menus after setting initial date and time. Zoom lens moved to fully extended position when camera turned on and could not be adjusted. 16MB chip that came with camera indicated zero storage remaining with no photos taken. Quess what is going back to the dealer!

please stop giving some bad comments to something that you have not touched or tried yet. it's just not fair and waste to time.

Why would people believe that you should get no noise at high ISO? You do not get anything for nothing. Even film grain increased with high ISO films. Stop your crying and accept there will always be "limits!"