Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1

Announced Feb 26, 2006 •
7 megapixels | 2.5 screen | Four Thirds sensor

I moved from a Leica M6 to the L1 because of the controls. I love the camera, it is easy to use and the controls make sense to me. Problems: None

Misa

This camera is just fantastic, is solid in almost all aspects, I jumped to it because of the retro layout that makes me fell familiar with the equipment and tha results quality it promise, I'm not disapointed in anythig this camera kicks out what I could do with my old SLRs thanks to its digital tecnology, is some big but for may 19x8.5 cm hands is easy, after all if one know how to handle a SLR camera there is no problem, I use it with the shoulder strap tied to my right hand just for ...

very good DSLR with very good Leica Lens, clear, sharp, good color tone. fantastic easy to handle. very Enjoyable to use. Problems: no. except the camera is little bit heavy.

8080man

I waited until the price dropped then pounced before they all sold out.I love this beast.Took it to NYC in November for its first big test run and it did not disappoint. It was overcast most of the time(and damn cold)but I was pleased with the quality shots the lens produced and the wonderful FEEL the camera has in the hand,it certainly stopped a good few folks as they tried to figure out what I had.Theres not many cameras that can do that these days.The full manual control you have is ...

hjaffe

Incredible image quality when using RAW format, great color and sharpness. Rivals my old Leica and Canon lenses. I think you can also compare the feel of this camera to the Hasselblad XPan panorama camera. This camera is a workhorse. I started shooting HDR images and the sharpness is simply amazing. Problems: Don't like having to capture jpg dupes of all raw files. It really cuts down on the amount of images you can put on a card. Battery compartment door is flimsy.

I finally pick this camera up after wanting one for a year now. The price point was finally dead on. The construction is first rate. I love the fact it has the controls of the old film cameras I cut my teeth on. The images are very lovely, owing to the fantastic Leica lens. The jpgs out of the camera are a bit soft. I only shoot raw anyways so it is no big deal. I like the Adobe raw interface and the conversion is just a bit sharper than the SilkyPic software shipped with the camera. ...

I was a former Leica photographer (M2 & C-lux 1), got my M 2 stolen, but bought a Panasonic L1 because of the Leica lens. It's an excellent camera and I have been the owner since November 06. Now I am quite sure - I stay by L1 and I hope that the announced Leica 14 -150 mm lens is compatible to my Panasonic L1. Aug. 2008 Now I have bought the 14 -150mm lens, and I can asure that it's the money worth. The camera is now able to any solution and it's very easy the work with. I found the lens in ...

JeffNYC

Please forgive me.. My review (below) was for the older DMC-LC1 (4.9 megapixel) camera.

A brilliant piece of engineering from Panasonic. THis camera just feels right and the "kit" lens is super. The Nikon is up for sale... Problems: I have to buy 4/3 lens!!!!

ASR45

So far so good love the film modes, need to go out and give this a good testing be interesting to see how it performs when i get the Sigma 135-400. Problems: None so far fingers crossed.