Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2

Announced Nov 4, 2010 •
12 megapixels | 3 screen | Four Thirds sensor

This camera has a serious defect. Problems: When held at some angles, this camera prints a green stripe on images when the remote is used. This does not happen when pressing the shutter manually, but occurs with Panasonic and other remotes. Because of this it is not usable. Panasonic offers no explanation. The problem is repeatable and affects both JPEG and RAW images.

This camera has a serious defect when used with the remote shutter release. Problems: When held at some angles, this camera prints a green stripe on images when the remote shutter release is used. This does not happen when pressing the shutter manually, but occurs with both Panasonic and other remotes. Because of this it is not usable. Panasonic offers no explanation. The problem is repeatable and affects both JPEG and RAW images.

E A S Y

I was considering GF2 against advanced P&S cameras. I could not find good deal for advanced P&S, so I went for GF2. I am so happy that I have made right decision! For the same price as advanced P&S I have got CF2 with 14 mm pancake. It is unbelievable value for money - worth to get the camera only because of lens. Very light, compact, solidly built, DSLR image quality in rangefinder form factor. Zoom lens does not make too much sense for M4/3, it makes overall package too big IMHO. I already ...

I'm an amateur photographer, usually shoot on an EOS 30D with 14-40L lens or 70-200L. Have done a few weddings and understand my kit, but am no pro. I was looking for a replacement compact camera when my IXUS died. I honestly never like the IXUS. We bought it after our first daughter was born and it was just too slow to catch the moment particularly indoors - I hate full frontal flash with stark contrast, so usually get my Speedlite out and use the catchlight or bounce with the 30D for ...