Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3

Announced May 12, 2011 •
16 megapixels | 3 screen | Four Thirds sensor
blessings

The camera is light, small compared to the DLSR from Canon and Nikon. The image quality even with the standard lens (low in price) is sharper. I have added the 25mm Leica lens for close ups. WOW. It has been a reliable performer. Would recommend it.

The inside story: The technical and performance aspects of this camera are really excellent. Good EVF, good monitor, very good AF speed and accuracy, very good MF operation, fast shot to shot times, very good image quality even at high ISO settings. IQ is only let down by limited dynamic range. The outside story: In other words the user experience or human machine interface (HMI) in ergonomics jargon, is rather less appealing. The grip is small and provides limited purchase for the right ...

dfswan

I just got this camera and I'm continuously amazed at its small size, fast clear focus, and of course great pictures. I'm always competing with my wife's d3100 and this G3 is so much smaller, has faster more accurate autofocus, much better manual focus and is equal in resolution and High ISO noise. I think she (d3100) does beat me a little in dynamic range, but it isn’t significant. My only complaint is that you can’t remove the SD card while the camera is mounted on a tripod.

sbianchi