Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS

Announced Jul 18, 2012 •
Telephoto zoom lens | Micro Four Thirds | H-FS45150
BarryAurora

For the price, this is a particularly good lens. It's light weight doesn't add much to my small camera bag. And, in conjunction with my 10mm and 16mm automatic extension tubes, it can get me super close-ups without being right on top of my subjects .. and from far enough away that I can use my GX1's built-in flash without having the lens barrel (without lens-hood) cast its shadow on the subject.

I'm really at aww with this lens. For the price you pay you get a compact and very well built lens with craftsmanship that's an absolute bargain. The Optics are very impressive too. Sure it's not as good as some primes and other high end zooms. But for the price, it punches well above its weight. I bought it by mistake for birding. But after seeing what it can do, I will definitely keep this gem. I got the silver version which on the E-M5 looks fantastic IMHO. The thing that amazes me the ...

OlympusTog

Bought this lens as an alternative to the Olympus 40-150 and was not disappointed with the IQ which is outstanding even at F/5.6 150mm. Lightweight (compared to my Canon L lenses!) and very versatile piece of kit.