Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH

Announced Sep 2, 2009 •
Prime lens | Micro Four Thirds | H-H020
dcassat

In the ~2500 shots I've taken since I got my E-PL2, my very favorite photos have been from this lens. Doesn't matter the conditions or situation, this lens has a special quality that produces outstanding and consistent photos. Problems: None

Makinations

I love this lens so much I would *&*& it if I could. Problems: No lens hood.

In my opinion, this lens (along with Olympus 9-18mm) justifies existence of Micro 4/3 as a standard. It's small, fast and very sharp even wide open. Bokeh can be distracting in some circumstances, but it's mostly good. Of course, this lens is not ideal: AF speed is quite leisurely and AF motor is kind of loud, but I can live with it.

anecolove

This is the reason why I am still here at M4/3, otherwise I would be gone for NEX. This is one of those lenses only a mirrorless system could realize. Extreme large aperture in a small package plus excellent image quality even wide open. I've had a Nikkor AF50 1.8 on my D80 some years ago and there is a whole world of difference between them set to max aperture. This lens reminds me on those days using the QL17, and combined with the digital system, it opens entirely new possibilities of ...

drwho9437

This lens isn't perfect, the autofocus is a bit loud if you are recording films, but it is small and the focal length is a good one. People often get obsessed with having a "50" while a 50 mm is indeed a normal so is this, and if anything being a bit wider is on the whole a bit better. Anything from 35-80 mm effective feels rather 'normal' in terms of how to compose with it. There are two excellent things about this lens: it is fast and it is small. DOF is harder to achieve at "normal" focal ...