Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH

Announced Sep 21, 2010 •
Wideangle prime lens | Micro Four Thirds | H-H014

I searched for wide, decent quality, not too pricey, fast focusin prime lense for my mft body(E-PL3). Finally decided to buy this one from the amazon for 140£ (didn''t find any cheaper deal at the time and wasn't interested with body + lens deals) so I paid up and ordered the lense. So now that the prologue is done lets start. First... Yes the distorsion and vignetti are there and they are noticeable so if you're searching for prime high quality picture standards this lense propably isn't for ...

zmotula

A very good lens. Sharp, fast to focus with no visible movement or audible sounds, very light and small.

Need a tiny lens that is no better than the kit (any kit) lens and is marginally faster? Then this is your lens. Pros: (1) Size. (2) Focuses faster than the 20mm. (Oh, wait, did I suggest that the 20mm was somehow slower than any other lens on the planet? I'm sure I didn't mean that.) (3) I can make it roll the length of my desk.

jennajenna

holzmcgyver

Im more convienced about using this lens, as i thought. The luminosity allows you to shoot photos inside rooms without a Flash, but thats clear. The Point is the brilliant kind of optic, if you take Pictures inside a room, you will see more facets of light, as you believe. Areas of light are not just bright, you will see more increments like in product photos of e.g. a techincal product. So i think you know the lens, cause it makes his Kind of Pictures, which allows you to get conclusion ...

linux99

Get a lot of use from is as my "everyday" walk around lens. It's wide field of view lends itself to quick "snapshot" style photos of family, freinds and general small event photography. It's super fast to focus and relatively fast, so it's great for bars, clubs etc.