Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR1 (Lumix DMC-ZX1)

Announced Jul 27, 2009 •
shechan

It's cool! and housing is cool, too. but, dust is easy to enter in the lens from the driving part.

thanewin

I owned it for over 3 1/2 yrs now Very happy as it is very well build, made in Japan, quick start up , very good quality pictures and HD video. I took it all over the world. a very happy user Problems: none so far

As a pocket camera is very good. Image quality is excellent with this size of camera. It is perfect to keep in pocket. Very small camera with very good feautures. Excellent image quality with this size camera. Problems: Some noise in very low light conditions.

Bought to replace my excellent FX100, I took it back because the left hand side of the images were blurred. The shop replaced it immediately and the new camera is very good. I ran comparisons with my FX100. The ZX1 has less noise and better resolution that the FX100 which has a bigger sensor. ISOs used in the tests were 80, 100, 400. It was also obvious that the IS on the ZX1 is better and so there less need to use higher ISOs. The lens is very sharp over the whole zoom range with just ...

Wow! What an unbelievable DISAPPOINTMENT! Coming from the ZS1 and ZS3, both of which i found to take stunning pictures, the ZR1 blows! The OIS seems to be nonexistent and focus is soft. even at ISO 100 in a low light condition the grain looked like finger painting. I'm flabbergasted. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the ZS3 but its nowhere close. It must be the lense: too much zoom in too tiny of a package? I could live without the extra 4x zoom and the pointless low quality AC ...

I had the Lumix DMC-TZ3 for several years and used the cameral mainly for appraisal reports. Zoomed images were clear with distinct edges, even in low light situations. I got caught up in the more megapixels must be better thinking and bought the ZR1. The picture quality was so bad I sent it back to the Panasonic for replacement. When taking a photo under the auto setting and every other setting I could think of, I could not get a clean image without streaks and bloches when the image was ...

+ 25mm wide angle + excellent build quality + fast AF + effective image stabilization + good IQ - lack of manual controls (aperture, focus...) - batteries are very over priced - switching between Record/Playback - tripod receptacle in wrong place

good wide angel and long zoom, image quality not as good as my old FX55, below average. Build quality far below my old FX55, not recommended. I have since returned my camera at a loss. Problems: not yet.

Good quality and excellent Video HD. Very good image quality within 400 ISO. Excellent stabilizer and optical zoom, the digital zoom is not too bad. Problems: Image colors, i need change color modality in 'vivid' because the 'normal' mode is poor.

nearly perfect -great jpgs -fast AF -good to Iso 400 -Iso 800 for small prints, use natural mode and its fine -Video above average, but for normal use its fine with AF and Zoom, thats great -small ideal for the pocket Problems: could be a little bit sharper at the end, but its ok