Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS20 (Lumix DMC-FT20)

Announced Jan 31, 2012 •
constcrist

as long as: - the water is crystal clear - light is very strong (sunny days) underwater pictures taken with this camera are really nice. sometimes it may take a while to focus and the fish may move out of your sight. photo taken on a beach in thassos. water depth: approx. 3 m. photo taken on a beach in thassos. water depth: approx. 3 m

From the off I must state I have limited experience with the camera. As a camera type the idea of a weatherproof pocket alternative to my main camera was an attraction. However once the internet purchase arrived the disappointment began. First of all - good lens, crisp resolution at base ISO. Not bad at all and certainly enough for the camera type. The look and feel of the camera is fine. All boxes ticked on the camera exterior. But then we come to the photographs. Now whilst I came into this ...

The TS20 is a smaller version of the TS3/4 rugged cameras, I think. I got it for US$ 95 on Amazon, so the price was right. I find the images exhibit noise at even low ISOs, but they clean up well in post. Handling is good for its very small size. I use it for snorkeling and jogging outings. It's waterproof and I've had no issues with leakage. You can see some images here: http://smu.gs/PukTkK . Problems: None so far.

Bonnington

This model has no HDMI connectivity.