Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS80

Announced Jan 21, 2008 •

Excellent camera, very small, fits in any pocket, the images are crispy and the stabilisation works well. Problems: Like all others in this class the small sensor does not give impressive results in low light conditions

Other my Olympus E510, I owned 4 compact digital cameras, they are Pentax S6, Sanyo J2, Sanyo S70 and Panasonic LS80, among all these compact cameras, I like Panasonic the most for its video recording capability, iA mode very useful for beginners, high quality LCD, acceptable noise(compared to above mentioned cameras I have), the camera will auto tracking to the nearest objects without half press the shutter release button, long lasting batteries life, sharp images(it is too sharp for ...

This is the camera that suits for the beginner who want to know about photography. Mine was black. Its easy to use, average features. This is my 4th digital camera I use since I switch to digital from negative film camera. 2.5' LCD screen gives you clearer view that you want to shoot. Problems: Plastic feel on the body. There are many button that confusing me, specially on different type of menus. But If your read the manuals carefully, you will understand the function.

luno

This is my 4th digital camera. I had a LS2 Panasonic, but it disappeared suddenly from my coat :-( As a impromptu replacement I bought the LS80. I liked the LS2. it wasn't super, but I knew what I could and what no (And I have a Digital DSLR also (Pentax)). In generally I think the LS80 cheaper, but not as good as the older LS2 was. The pixel war is winning, but losing to the iso-noise and it's much more plastic. For EUR 129 I won't complain too much, but regarding the LS2 I'm not happy ...