Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC5

Announced Sep 17, 2001 •
CLQ

Hi All, I have been using this camera for the past 2 years (have taken abt 10000 photos with it). About the ratings ignore the Value for money as i managed to get this camera at the cost price so definitely value for money :) What i like about this camera: -Fast startup and response (I take lots of children photos) -The size and weght of camera and also the layout of the buttons. (I feel that the size is just right to be held steady and yet is not too heavy) -The pictures when printed are ...

Many people complained the noise problem of LC5. But that comes from insufficient light condition to record. Before I bought LC5, I was worried about noisy picture quality issued by others. But Price drop(brand new for $400 including 128M) push me to get it. After using it several times, I love great performance of this camera. Especially the price/performance ratio is the best one. Actual print is amazing !!! I really love this camera. Problems: No problem at all

Nic:)

I would not touch this camera with a 10 ft barge pole again! I purchased this camera as my 1st digicam and within 2 months a part on it broke which meant the entire camera froze up - I couldn't even turn it off. I took it back to the store who sent it away to get fixed. It was part was then replaced with another faulty part! The store then replaced it with a brand new LC5. I only had the new one for about a month before exactly the same thing happened in this one too! I have since ...

I am a die-hard film camera user who believes in film scanning. I bought this camera to preview studio lighting (thanks to the 2.5 inch screen) and also to take easy pictures of less importance such as passport photos. I have to agree the image was noisy, even compared to my wife's Canon 320. Digital camera pictures are no where in comparison with my film scans overall. I haven't tried tiff mode - maybe it generate better pictures. Just read the article on NeatImage. What is it? Can you ...

For readers looking for 3rd party reviews about the DMC LC5, my comments on Panasonic's DMC LC40 might have some useful links that might be of help ...... check this out ......... http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinion_text.asp?prodkey=panasonic_dmclc40&opinion=17517

I have been using the DMC-LC5 for six months now and all I can say is that I love it. The size is perfect in that it is easy to hold even when shooting in low light no flash situations. I have set the iso at 100 and picture size at 2240 and left it there. I usually shoot in auto or ap and so far my results are stunning. If Panasonic where to come out with a 12x optical zoom with the same or better resolution I wld buy it. Untill then I am very happy to use this one. Problems: None

i had this camera for a few days .very goog camera. the problem whit the image is it true. on the monitor is not that great but if you print the pictures are very good all the way up to 8x10. Problems: none

I am waiting for delivery of the DMC-LC5. Has anyone tried to use it with an Hoya R72 filter to do infrared photography? At the store it appeared to be IR sensitive.

A very controversial camera, I was dying to have it and test it myself. Finally here I am having this thing. So I'm gonna zip it and let the pictures do the talking http://www.pbase.com/mehmood/my_panasonic_dmclc5 Problems: Skin tone don't look natural when photos are taken indoors with flash. You really need to learn how to use the white balance cuz thats the secret, the key to good photos.

FROM A PAST LOVER OF CAMERAS,RANGEFINDERS ,SLRS,FILM,TO BE SURE,AND AFTER 5 DIGITALS,THIS CAMERA WHO KNOWS BEAUTY IN THIS SOMEWHAT LIMITED MEDIA,CAN GET AS CLOSE TO PHOTOGRAPHIC SATISFACTION,AS YOU COULD HOPE,I CANT SAY ENOUGH OF THIS CAMERAS ATTEMPT AT PERFECTION,GIVIN DIGITAL LIMITATIONS,OTHERS DONT TOUCH,LOVE CREATIVE,PHOTOGRAPHY,A ONE... Problems: BATTERY COULD LAST LIKE SONYS,RED HAPPY CAMERAS