Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC20

Announced Jan 11, 2002 •

Steady built, good price, but could be a bit better. Panasonic is very new in the digital still camera market, but they do quite well with this little thing. The macro of this camera is one of the best detailed pictures that you can find. No purple fringe either(the purple glare created by the camera in certain occations). Zoom and focus is extremely fast and the camera has got a nice grip. Problems: Pictures dit seem a bit "overprosessed". By that i mean that it looks like there is one or ...

Car

Pro: Leica Len gives no exaggeration of colour, little flare, min disortion (soild colour, Germany style, want bright and fake colour, step away) Easy to use Good metering PS: http://community.webshots.com/user/koalacar Problems: Cons: Weak Flash (slave flash might help, gonna try one soon) Inconsist Flash power.. (need to check after each shot) Shutter not long enough (give me 2 more sec. plz!) Not much control (hey! only paid $440CDN) LCD looks +1 stop Not fast enuf btw shots Expensive SD! ...

B_Hill

I got this camera for $200 from OfficeMax. The menu system is easy to use, the pictures the camera takes are wonderful, and I am absolutely AMAZED at the superb Macro shots. Also, the videos look quite good as long as you have adequate lighting. Problems: I've had some issues getting the USB sync to work with my desktop computer. But I just use a 6-in-1 USB media reader anyway so it doesn't really bother me.

This Camera is great in Macro shots....i managed to get very clear details shot in Macro ..outdoor shots is also great but the night shot is not that good.... The use of double AA batt is a good idea. The package is the best i have seen in Digicam.. Problems: shot between shot is very slow with flash on.... SD card is expensive.....

Compré esta cámara hace poquito y me encantó, sobretodo para el precio que pagué por ella 275 dólares. Toma muy buenas fotos aunque aún tengo que leer bien el manual. Muy bueno el hecho de que tenga audio y video. Problems: Un detalle que no me gustó es el que no me permita modificar el zoom luego de iniciada la grabación del video, pero es sólo un detalle

This digital camera approached what I was looking for - for both everyday use and hiking. It is very compact with loads of user friendly features such as 3X optical zoom, great macro, easy to navigate menu and functions and very reasonalby priced ($585AU). One of my reasons was that it used 2 NiMH batteries (against LiIon's). It certainly didn't sacrifice size. All shots, so far, have been sharp and exposure hasn't been a problem. This is a top little camera. Problems: None.

I have found the camera to be excellent. It comes with everything except an AC adapter. Pictures are good quality. Camera is designed as user friendly. If you are like me and don't want an overly complicated camera, this one is a good choice. I have spent less time reading the manual than any other camera I have ever owned. Problems: Battery drainage may be a little high but then again it is a new camera and I have been doing a lot of experimenting with it.

Terrible camera, pictures it produces are bad. Macro is the only good thing this camera has, everything else blows. I took close to 500 pictures with this camera, tested it day and night and only a handful of pictures were good. I returned it for a refund. Problems: Duh!

Great camera; I got beautiful pictures the first day with vivid colors and razor sharp images. Just read the manual and learn to play with White balance and ISO settings and you will get same results. Problems: No problems but it is slow from picture to picture. SD storage cards are too expensive; shop around for fast SD card like Kingston 128MB at 4MB/second. Camera is not fast for children photos because is slow.

D G

I wanted a pocket/street camera that I can have on me for grab shots and something a little inconspicous. So far the LC20 has exceeded my expectations. While I intended it for just the second camera, I find myself using it more than my Epson PC3100 that I also like a lot. I stuck a 64meg in the LC20 and the camera comes to life in just over 2seconds and it is ready to shoot Once focussed, the LC20 has the least shutter lag I've come across yet. But the auto focus time is pretty slow. ...