Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC20

Announced Jan 11, 2002 •

I use this camera about 3 month. It's good camera. Indoor and outdoor pictures are VERY good quality. The one problem is auto-focus at low-light condition.

I was shopping for a first digital camera for casual use for an offshore relative. My pick list consisted of the Canon A-40 and Nikon Coolpix 2500. I was shown the Lumix when I asked for a third alternative. First impressions count and the Lumix made a deep one. The ergonomic and industrial design are simply superb (especially the black version) and reminds me of the small Rollei or Leica cameras. Purely on looks and feel, the Lumix had the measure over the Nikon and Canon. I bought the Lumix ...

I tried this camera over christmas, I found the pictures to be of poor quality, I returned it to the store, and picked up a LC 40 only $250CD more, there is no comparison, between these two. The LC40 is easly worth the extra money. Problems: As above

easy to use, great value, great pictures when using the the proper settings. Problems: indoor pictures, sd card expensive and only 8mb

Edré

In its range it is the best on the market.

Pretty nicely constructed. A bit plasticly, but at least the buttons and knobs don't feel like they will fall off. Still... the pictures are awful. I paid 217 Dollars for the Office Max bundle of this camera + 128 SD card and even at that price, I'm returning it. The pictures are blurry, soft, poorly focussed and the color range is pitiful. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to try next, but I'm thinking about the Canon A40 or a low end Sony.

Overall a great product. The Leica lens was a good selling point and lives up to expectations. I have been using it for five months now. Quite happy with it, except for one thing: Problems: No AF illuminator. I have had much trouble trying to get the AF to operate sucessfully under even moderate indoor lighting conditions (restaurants, etc). I have got around it by holding a bright LED in my right hand while the AF locks. Would have preferred it on-board, though. Other than that, no ...

This is my first digicam. Its very nice and very user friendly. Very nice picture quality. (the picture will be nice if you know how to operate it ).Read the manual to get the nice quality picture.I bought for RM899 ( US$299 ).Value for money. Can record movie with sound which can't find in most of the cameras with that price. This camera built for its quality. In Malaysia, most of the camera prices known for its name rather that its quality. Best buy....and nice package Problems: n/a

Well constructed, well priced and easy to use. It replaced my sony dsc p51, and I especially like the warm colors it renders. Software is the pits. For average user like myself it is good value for the money. Problems: None

Tried two of these cameras. I took back the first and bought another because I loved everything about the camera - that is, except the results. The pictures were consistantly dark, sometimes blurry and had a problem with horizontal lines on both cameras. When I returned the second one I was told several other people had reported the same thing. Disappointing because the camera felt good and solid, was easy to use, came with long-lasting rechargable batteries, etc. Also the software seemed ...