Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70

Announced Jul 18, 2013 •

Even though the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 is a few years old now, It's the only camera that I thought matched all of my needs for my field of work. It's a very affordable camera that comes fairly close to hitting all the marks, especially for its price. As an adventurer/blogger the I usually focus on both near and far shots. I like to have the best zoom I can get without having to carry a bag of lenses, without sacrificing image quality. The DMC-FZ70 allowed me to get the quality long range ...

GeneK6

I spent the last  week using my new DMC-FZ70 and my final comment has to be "WOW"! This is a great camera for the price. (1) The IAuto setting gave excellent photos right out of the box. In fact photos taken in the IAuto setting were better than those in P setting. (2) I ran through all of the settings and got good photos in every one.

sajjadkhalid

I am using this camera for last 2 days. Low light indoor shooting without flash is not impressive but shooting 60% bright moon (at 8 aperture and a/30 sec shutter speed) was a pleasure. Camera focuses fast in daylight and zoom works seemliness. After using hi-end DSLs the aperture range seems too narrow (2.8 - 5.9) having less choice of exposure but having 2.8 on a large zoom is also a big advantage. Overall performance is fine and its not below expectation.

John Miles

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52339583 To employ a manual lens would create speed and accuracy in composition, as would a front wheel under the shutter dedicated to the instant EV adjustment small sensors demand; that retains the thumb for camera grip and steadying duties.

I have done two zoom tests at 60X and less during the day and in the dark. The day zoom is fantastic with no complaints. In the dark, at 60X zoom, the auto focus tracking is an issue. The noise of wind is reduced drastically. See the links to check for your self. Panasonic DMC FZ70 zoom test at 60X during the day Panasonic DMC-FZ70 Zoom test at 60X in the dark I hope it helps in you making a choice. It is a fantastic equipment for travel photography.

Aperture Priority ISO 400 Aperture Priority ISO 200 Aperture Priority ISO 3200 ISO 800 Aperture Priority

gepadi

Excelent, i am very pleased with this camera that enables me to photographs birds, squirrels, and so many animals in the forest. I like this camera.

The camera FZ70 is good and easy to use. 60X Zoom, Aperture Priority, Panasonic FZ70. This was shot in the night using a tripod and a timer of 10 seconds and without a flash. The subject was about 250 metres away. The camera is easy to use. Good for travel photos. 30X zoom, Aperture Priority, Panasonic FZ70. This was shot in the night using a tripod and a timer of 10 secs and no flash. The subject was 100 metres away

pbrandt3

has anyone done a low light noise test ? all the sample gallery pix were taken with good light so theres no clue in the gallery !