Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200

Announced Jul 18, 2012 •

Hi all, I bought FZ 200 about 5 months ago due to the nature of the lens without more investigation. However, I saw that noise occurs too much in a lot of pictures. In particular, nikon P510 sold at half the price is even less noise than fz200. when the captured image was performed 2x zoom, noise is immediately evident. This was the part that upset me. Because very few of the photos I took were clean. I would like to specify the meantime, I've used previously FZ18, LX2, DMC-TZ10 did not even ...

lensart

Okay I know it is a bridge camera!  But what a great camera.  Fabulous lens @ 2.8 and fast focusing. It has a macro ability that is unbelievable.  I could not be any happier!  Along with my Sony RX100 mk2 I have all my bases covered.

I have included in this group of -bridge super zoom cameras (aka hybrid cameras) only those with some type of viewfinder. In my opinion cameras with zoom range of 24x optical or more zoom need a viewfinder, desperately need a viewfinder, should NOT be marketed without one. Sony, Nikon and Olympus have cameras with zoom ranges in excess of 24x optical without viewfinders and I have excluded them from this list. Those excluded cameras are the Olympus SP820UZ, Nikon L820, and the Sony H200. I ...

Just bought the FZ200 after owning the FZ150 for 2 1/2 years. I can't say enough about the fixed 2.8 aperture advantage over its predecessor. Low light photographing is so easy now. In Manual mode, it can be used like a point and shoot without the need for a tripod. I took advantage of deep holiday savings by paying $459, much lower than its original price and in fact less than the FZ150 still on the market.

John Miles

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52339583 To employ a manual lens would create speed and accuracy in composition, as would a front wheel under the shutter dedicated to the instant EV adjustment small sensors demand. To retain a dedicated pad devoid of controls fitting the thumb would assist camera grip and steadying duties. Nevertheless the FZ200 is so supreme a camera as to have been axed in favour of the FZ70.

Lumix DMC-FZ200 vs Leica V-LUX 4 it is look like the only difference is the price! http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=leica_vlux4&products=panasonic_dmcfz200 What do you think?

Marius Mioc

While arguably the best superzoom advavanced compact camera, the FZ200 has some surprisingly annoying and rather hard to explain limitations: 1. not possible to manually limit the ISO to 100 but only to 200, which results in very noisy low light and night shots; 2. low resolution and low quality panoramic shots, quite often with very strong banding; 3. inability to use the zoom for the panorama shots (as there is no more "panaorama assist" shooting mode); 4. not intuitive and rather difficult ...

Being a professional photographer and a photography teacher, - started to make photography 42 years ago - when the FZ200 was launched I said to myself " well...I will get one of these ". I own a good and old Nikon D200 with a good colection of prime ans zoom lenses, a Lumix LX3 and a Lumix FT2. The decision about the FZ200, had to do with tha fact that in some cases, I know  the FZ200 would be a great camera to cover some events with that great 25-600 f/2.8 lens. The biggest selling point of ...

This by far the most feature rich, user friendly and most capable in the range. For whom: Entry level professional photographers, Travel photographers, Hobbyists, NOT for whom: SLR/DSLR Fanatics, High demanding professional photographers, Lazies and dumbs, Problems: Contrast noise in all levels of ISO. Needs noise reduction post processing.