Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18

Announced Jul 24, 2007 •

Flash useless poor light condition Poor quality photo Problems: Useless camera stay a way !!!!

Recently was using one of these. It really is fun to use. An old model now but one which really is a classic. Great lens. Great IQ considering it is a bit dated. The stabilisation is superb even at hand held maximum zoom in daylight. Problems: None

I've shot all seasons now as well as both indoors and out. For the money (a key factor), it does pretty well. It's auto focus is fast, and it's smaller form factor allows great versatility with the outstanding zoom. It's best suited for outdoor shooting where 100 ISO can be used. 400 ISO is usable but anything over that is marginal to poor. Flash is ok within it's range, which is shallow. Overall, it's feature set is strong, it's output quality is fair. Problems: If you can shoot RAW, you are ...

Excellent! Made me famous on Flickr! A spectacular zoom! Leica lenses are fabulous!! Problems: No problems!

Decent flexible camera and excellent value for money. Lots of useful features usually seen in more expensive cameras (when RAW is switched off). Custom modes and a decent number of configuration options. Problems: A few limitations. It's very poor at functioning as a video camera - the video is okay but you can't operate zoom when recording so you have to fix it at the zoom you want and record, then cancel record to change the zoom. If video is important, look elsewhere (had I known, I would ...

After 10 months: I am happy with this camera, my 4th FZ. It is a steady improvement over the FZ7 I used prior except in the quality of the image which is perhaps a little less sharp. I do wish I could get even sharper images. Low light performance is better (still not great without a flash though) the IA mode is a nice addition. This camera has so many features, it takes practice to learn to use them effectively (I doubt I will ever use them all). My favorite features remain: Compact an ...

Fun camera to use. Bought it about 6 months ago and taken more than 5000 pics. 18X zoom = ability to get all kinds of shots. I especially love the zoom. I've stopped bringing my binoculours with me. Pleasantly surprised by how well the iA worked for night shots of city lights. Problems: As mentioned by quite a few others, indoor shots especially tungsten light ones = red photos.

Muy buena definición de colores. Buenas opciones para fotografías en movimiento. Excelente función de Macro con zoom. Los 18x funcionan bien, un alcance magnifico. Funcionamiento rápido y silencioso. Una cámara con buena apariencia. Problems: Mucho ruido (noize) en ISO superior a 400. En gran angular, las fotografías tienden a distorcionarse en las esquinas.

Hi, this is my first digital camera, I am very happy with it, perfect for day long hikes, fishing, skiing, excellent lens, I do really appreciate it watching my pictures on large screen TV.Very good colors, fast and accurate auto focus, very light. Well designed, easy to navigate menu, For me three things are most important- light weight, good lens, versatility(going from small insect or flower to an animal spotted far away takes just a moment) Excellent camera for my type of ...

skmurs

it is a really good camera with wide as well as tele capable lens. noise present due to 8 million pixels on 1/2.5 " CCD sensor. could have done better. Problems: found problem with the zoom lever, where in some warm conditions its gets stuck and does not move smoothly. it feels as if the spring has some problem and it gets jammed. but once its packed and taken out another day, we wonder cause the zoom lever would be back to normal and smooth!