Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1

Announced Sep 29, 2002 •

In my opinion it is the Worst Camera I ever owned. If you consider purchasing one of these cameras - rent or borrow one first and take sample photos so you will not be suprised or disapointed. Problems: in my opinion ;; I cannot get a decent picture in low light indoors. Sometimes it takes the most realistic photos outdoors, other times the colors are distorted.

junker

Overall is fine, but when ur taking pictures in the dark like in a concert, noise start to show up~~ the zooooom is really useful sometimes~ Problems: NOISE PROBLEM..

Hi i am from Singapore, So far i had used 2 Fujifilm, 3 sony, 1 olympus, 3 nikon, 1 canon digital cameras before. Ranging from 2 to 5 megapix. This panasonic zoom monster, my 11th digital camera is splendid with its 12X optical zoom capabilities. I am not in favour of using digital zoom (for any digi-cams). For digital photographers out there,most will agree it is a real delight to discover a sharp resolution, accurate & fast focusing camera like this beast. If you had tried long zoom ...

Fantastic zoom, image stabilization rivals that on the Sony FD series. Image quality is fine for anything 8x10 and smaller. Easy, pre-set function dial is great for beginners, shots on the run. And cameras are FINALLY available in the U.S. Go to www.Panasonic.com, and the site will link you to two authorized retailers of the camera. I got mine for $429, delivery included. Problems: Construction seems a bit flimsy. Not enough manual settings.

Message for Ng Lye Heng Where in Singapore did you purchase FZ1 for $850 with 64MB card? Is it for promotion period only? Is promotion period over?

Jimmy

I would like to buy a DMC-FZ1 in the U.S.A..Should you know of a supplier please advise me. jsycle@ bellsouth.net

So nice camera! I like it Problems: flash is weak.