Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX2

Announced Jul 21, 2004 •

I have Panasonic FX2 camera for a week. So far no problems. The LCD screen is very good, sharp and clean No problem with focusing in normal and low light enivironment. Noise is non existing in low ISO, good in 100 ISO, visible in 200 ISO and bad in 400 ISO but is easy cleanable with eg Noiseware. Images are crisp, in focus and with good colour. Stabilizer works very well and no shaken pictures even at 1/8 second. The camera feels very solid and ergonomics are quite good. Because of the ...

Problems: I do agree with Chan Kah Fatt about the picture quality. Picture image is quite poor. How can I avoid the color blurring?

Very easy-to-use menu. Small size and nice metallic finish. Problems: Very poor quality photos result if you leave ISO setting at "auto" when taking photos in a dark area (typical outdoor poorly lit place). ISO400 is usually automatically selected in such a situation to compensate for the short range of the small built-in flash. 1 workaround would be to set ISO to 200 or less at the expense of a slightly underexposed shot.

Battery cost of £40+ is too high; generic versions? Problems: Phographically: too easy to take two shots instead of just one. Results OK.

Have been using this camera for the past 3 weeks, and took about 100+ pictures under various conditions with a a Lexar 32x SD card. My previous cameras include the Canon V3, Canon S400, and the Pentax S4. My observations: - The optical stablizer performed better than I expected, though it doesn't work miracles. I really appreciate the quality of the flash-free shots. - Shot-to-shot, start-up, review and response time are all excellent. Menus are intuitive, and shouldn't intimidate a beginner.

ao5208

I would like to know the battery life of FX-2 on High Resolution & Medium Resolution. It worry me as beside quality image which i believe it have. The next is more on practice issue like battrey life.?? Problems: Only want to know the battery life issue and other view.

I am happy with my choice with FX2 for the acceptable quality image I can get from P&S digital camera. Most pictures taken sharp with good color results using Auto for white balance. One of the plus feature is the OIS set at mode 2. Without this setting my photo turns out blur with 1/8 sec exp. time for handheld. Now I have no worries using handheld with 1/8 sec exp. time. One of the better looking small size camera with Leica lens for my pocket. Light and easy. Problems: Wish the battery can ...

woho

I've posted a lengthy personal review in this thread: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=10537142 Sample pictures can be viewed here: http://www.woho.de/misc/fx2/index.html