Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX10

Announced Jan 31, 2007 •

I bought this for third camera, which would be always in my pocket. I bought this because at the moment this was cheapest available P&S in my home town. I'd really like have some more manual control. Biggest issue for me is that I cannot change Flash compensation, because usually flash overexposes. Problems: LCD is fairly poor. Noise reduction spoils images in higher sensitivities.

Just bought the FX10 a few weeks ago... I know that there are newer cameras available since the launch of the FX10 and that they have more features. But the FX10 suits me enough with the low price and nice features plus the nice Leica lens. I really like the outdoor pictures outcome, they're nice and sharp. The indoors outcome can be too dark and grainy. Most of the time (especially outdoors) the Image Stabilization work well and even in it's Simple Mode the FX10 can still deliver nice image. ...

Small and practical Point and Shoot. Great for everyday life. I use it in my handbag everyday. I love the quality of the image. Very decent for the size of the sensor. A great pocket camera!

Used properly one can get some really excellent daytime shots out of this camera. Beautifully made and reasonably priced, I'm growing fonder of the Panasonics daily as really nice cameras. I don't do party shots but as a small carry around pocket camera, this is is really a nice ultra compact and Panasonic's build quality is second to none.

nohar

Nice design, nice features etc. Image quality terrible indoors. It's not a social p&s. IQ outside doesn't make up for the indoor iQ. Problems: Image quality worse than most. Just plain Awful.

Extremely compact and softly. Very simple to use. Extremely good for image quality More manual settings. With battery I do more 300 photo with flash Global is a nice good camera Problems: I think there aren't problems.

Im not a techy when it comes to Digital Cameras...just a point and shooter here :) Been using a Sony digi cams for the nth time and decided to venture into a new brand. I really like the features of the DMC FX10. Smart ISO, the framing 16:9, the picture quality, the video is really GOOD!

This is a nicely designed and well made camera. I pretty much like everything about it. From what I can see, it works very well in daylight environments, AWB works great, AF is fast, video is good too, but the PARTY mode for indoor is a joke. Instead of using higher iso, the party mode used iso100 1/4s with flash. Even if the OIS is that effective, 1/4s won't be able to freeze any people in the shots. Instead, it is best to use iso400 manually with flash in NORMAL PICTURE mode for party. If ...