Olympus E-500 / EVOLT E-500

Announced Sep 26, 2005 •
8 megapixels | 2.5 screen | Four Thirds sensor

Had this camera about two weeks, took about 200 pictures, very happy so far but thier is lots to learn. Ron Problems: none so far

I have limited experience and use of this camera, but so far I have found it excellent. The feel is good, Ease of use is very good if you want to use the auto function. As with any newer dSLR camera, the options are nearly unlimited and hard to remember out in the field. That will get better with use. The lens that come with the kit are nice too, though they have their limits, mostly with Macro and Zoom. Problems: No problems, camera functions excellent.

I have had the E-500 for a few weeks now and i love it. When compared with my E-300 I especially like the lighter weight, instant histogram and 2.5 inch LCD. I don't see that much difference in the viewfinder. The LCD is great. It is more easily seen outside ( I picked Color 2 as it works best outdoors) and you can select most of the parameters on the LCD and change them with the dial. This feature along with many dedicated buttons means you seldom have to go to internal menus. Your ...

Bought the Oly E-500 with Zuiko 14-54 lens. Initally assessment so far on the camera is good. a) I read many reviews to say that the E-500's viewfinder is very small. Personally I don't find it a problem. Yes, it's abit smaller than the E-300 (reviews said it's 10% smaller), but it's not as through you can't see anything in it! The Zuiko 14-54 lens' aperture of f2.8 made the viewfinder very bright. b) The critical info (e.g focus, WB, aperture etc) is on the right hand side of the ...

After extensive review I purchased E-500 and glad I did. I see that some of the negative comments on this camera by so called expert seems meaning less and not accurate (about knowledge of some of the features in this camera--although understandable considering amount of camera that they have to review...). Anyways, I just don't think you can't get any better camera in price rage of below $2000. Excellent Zuiko lens and beautifully built (don't look cheap like Canons these days) and most ...

Love it, What a cool ass camera. What can I say, Loved it from the second I had it out of the box. Problems: NONE

i had the e-500 for over a week now, i'm loving it. very light, well build and once you hold it, you don't want to stop shooting, i used to have the e-300, there's nothing wrong with it, i just exchange it to a newer model, they both shoot pictures really good. like what Phil says, it's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. THANKS OLYMPUS!! Problems: NONE SO FAR!

i had the e-500 for over a week now, i'm loving it. very light, well build and once you hold it, you don't want to stop shooting, i used to have the e-300, there's nothing wrong with it, i just exchange it to a newer model, they both shoot pictures really nice good. like what Phil says, it's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. THANKS OLYMPUS!! Problems: NONE SO FAR!