PIX 2015

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8

Announced Jun 30, 2011 •
Telephoto prime lens | Micro Four Thirds

(1) I can use Low ISO levels @ wide Apertures that I have not done before using my regular Zooms. (2) Very natural Focal length, what I see in my eye falls into this focal range. (3) Great for taking portriats of you husband/wife/GF/BF/or love ones on tables while waiting for food.

small,lightweight, pocketable. Crisp sharp, fast, no resonable barrel. My favorite for portraits @ f 2..3.5 with m4/3 counting down is the plastic housing. MINOX did better plastics. I might would give it a 4* if the deco ring would not fall off every now and then. I know it is not a bug, it is a feature, as I can buy a new deco ring.

DavidChong1977

Premium Image Quality, sharp and beatiful color image. Very extrame fast focusing. Can do very well even in macro photography.

1.8光圈下的逆光成像效果不错,稍感偏软,拍摄人像非常讨好眼球。

tinpusher

So small and lightweight you can take it anywhere in a pocket. Optically it's superb and far better than expected for the price. Ideal for portraits but mainly used for landscapes and architecture where it's ideal for isolating detail. A great buy.

chkugler

a great portrait lens! pictures : http://luke-photoblog.blogspot.de/2013/09/panasonic-g2-13.html

47872Mike

A really good lens in every respect I can think of. When you finally get so sick of manually focusing your favourite 50mm lens on a m4/3 adapter that you stump up the cash for this, you'll be amazed at the speed of AF and the sharpness right from maximum aperture. The first time I took this lens outside, I was able to capture a sharp photo of two cyclists riding almost directly towards me at dusk. Its close focus capability is not at all bad at exactly half a meter, but I would love it even ...

I have had this lens for 3 days now and so far I find it OK. No sharper than the 20 mm f1.7, focus well in good light only, does not seem to appreciate low light too much. Tiny and unimpressive-looking.. One can't expect miracles from these m4/3 lenses, but within its limits it delivers a good job. Not expensive, buy it for its 1.8 otherwise a regular kit zoom like the 14-45 does as good if not better at 45 .

Superb little lens. Just sold my silver one (got a good offer) and have a black one on the way (I know .. bling). That said, we've all read the reports on the excellent quality of this little lens and the absolutely unmatched price/performance ratio for a portrait lens. What do I have to add? It is a disarming, non threatening lens. Being so small, working with first time and timid models or subjects is SO much easier as you are not peering out from behind the bazooka you are pointing at ...

F irst of all, let me clarify it to you that there cannot be one lens for only one purpose in digital era of photography. A macro lens is very versatile for shooting portraits; likewise a tele lens of 300mm is awesome for portraits as well as wildlife and sports. A wideangle lens can be used with awesome success if you want some environmental portraits. Here also, an Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm f/1.8 (90mm in full format), which is made for MFT camera-bodies can be used for different ...