Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6

Announced Sep 27, 2004 •
Telephoto zoom lens | Four Thirds

The capabilities of this lens are way beyond what you'd expect from a kit lens. I have been pleasantly surprised, or should I say astonished by the results I've had with it on my e30 - check them out in my gallery. Bought it second hand (mint condition) for a 100 euros, so I can't complain. Although I think it would be unfair to compare it to higher grade Zuiko glass, it certainly can compete. Under the circumstances, I don't see why anyone would give it less than four and a half stars. I'd ...

This was one of two kit-lenses included with my then-new E-500, and it performed yeoman's service (until someone got me the 50-200 f2.8). I gave it away to a relative who still uses it quite happily.

Sashat

This lens is very compact for what it can do, and especially with an E-420 or 520 this makes for a very portable telephoto platform. On the E-420, it is difficult to use past about 100mm unless you have a tripod due to the lack of image stabilization; if you manage to keep the camera steady, it leads to great results.

I received my zuiko digital lens a year ago from navy exchange. It's one of the cheapest lens at that time. So I agree that the price is affordable for amteurs like me. Through experience of becoming a pro I have maximized it's capability and identify the advantages of it even if its just a Kit Lens. This type of lens performs at its best with Portrait, Travel, Street Photography. I play its Aperture Settings depending on my needs and really performs well from f/8 to f/16 depending on detail ...