Olympus Stylus 700 (mju 700 Digital)

Announced Jan 26, 2006 •

I bought this as a party camera. I didn't expect anything else and it is perfect! For instant showing of pics the LCD with Bright Capture (or whatever it is called) is excellent. The movies are so much fun, it may only be 15fps but they can go on forever (on 1gb card. maybe a bit of exaggeration, but certainly prefer it over 1000fps for only 15secs.) I don't use image stabilisation too much - too noisy, but using program and adjusting ISO to a medium value works well and not too difficult. I ...

Excellent camera. Value for money. Great images so far. Great movie clips as well. Problems: Got to remove the battery to charge with the standard charger.

Great camera and great results. Learn to use all the features of this camera as it is packed with them. I strongly recommend obtaining a shade cover for the LCD screen. It makes a huge difference when shooting outdoors in strong sunlight Problems: Video is only 15 frames per second.

I have this camera for 2 weeks and its really a great digital camera , I like it , it looks so cute and very light, I can hold it in my pocket. Because I m not an expert I like its image quality , it s really nice for me. This camera is simply better than the 3.0 mp camera I had before. Its worth its value. Problems: not yet

I've had the camera a week now and I am very pleased. Outdoor shots are great and can be printed at A4 with no problem - I even printed at A3 and the result is very acceptable. In low light just make sure you keep the sensitivity at 200 or less and all is fine. If you use auto you may find more noise than you want as the camera selects a higher speed and reduces picture quality (to mask the noise??). I also have the underwater housing and with an Epoque strobe the first piccies are great. Pr ...

A very nice pocket camera.Nice color,nice image quality and superb build all in a weatherproof package., Problems: none

I've had this camera for a week now and am very pleased. I looked for a nice p&s camera with good picture quality out of the box. Pics look a little bit overprocessed when examined at 100% but should be perfect for prints up to 30x40 cm. - Really usable ISO1600 pictures (for 10x15cm prints) - Sharp lens - AF fast enough in good light - Really small and light - More than enough resolution - Weatherproof - Good value (240 euro, 20/02/06) - Many 'scenes' (programmes), I'd prefer more manual control