Olympus Stylus 600

Announced Aug 29, 2005 •

This is a great little camera. When they say weatherproof they weren't kidding. Don't ask why, but this camera has fallen into a toilet, and was rescued to be perfect! Such a great camera. Problems: Sadly, when it was on a trip with someone else, something happened to the camera and now all the pictures are over-exposed.

It's a good camera to keep in your pocket. Those of you who expected to get professional results in their photographs from a compact camera should think twice. A compact camera is meant to help us take pictures anywhere we go without needing to carry equipment and stuff but it's not built to eliminate the SLRs or the DSLRs... Knowing that the traditional film "gives us" at least 20megapixels(considering the asa and the trade), the digital photography section is like a newborn now. Problems: T ...

Nice portable camera for taking pictures. Problems: Beware that the movie mode has no audio recorded. So if this feature is important to you, you may look for comparable camera which can take movie with audio.

I looked long and hard for a pocket-style camera. I cuurently had one of the earlier generations of the Olympus SLR C2500L - a whopping 2.5 MP ... That served me well for 7 years and my analysis (paralysis) led me to this Stylus 600. - It has great features for a 6 MP camera < $300. Lack of a view finder was very foerign to me - taking a bit of getting used to ... - The 2.5" LCD is very very nice. However, in Bright sunlight, it is still very tough to see ... even after boosting up the ...

What a great camera, unbeatable for the price. Takes excellent shots and with the nice 2.5" LCD it can't be beat for that. My only gripe is the 7 cm macro, but other than that it's a great buy for the holiday season. Problems: 4" min shutter, though I know many don't do night shots like I do 7 cm macro focus is rather weak, but then again that's just me