Olympus Stylus 600

Announced Aug 29, 2005 •

I have used DC for over 5 years and have never seen such a poor quality (photos) camera. I obtained from a credit card promotion and is my first Olympus DC camera. I have a 2.0M Ricoh, a 4.0M Kodak 4900 and a 4.0M Sanyo C4. All of them produce better quality pictures than u6. I tried different white balancing setting on the same picture, but the colour were still distorted. I took it back to the Olympus service centre in HK and stated my complained after one week I owned the camera. However, ...

Nice portable camera for taking pictures. Problems: Beware that the movie mode has no audio recorded. So if this feature is important to you, you may look for comparable camera which can take movie with audio.

I looked long and hard for a pocket-style camera. I cuurently had one of the earlier generations of the Olympus SLR C2500L - a whopping 2.5 MP ... That served me well for 7 years and my analysis (paralysis) led me to this Stylus 600. - It has great features for a 6 MP camera < $300. Lack of a view finder was very foerign to me - taking a bit of getting used to ... - The 2.5" LCD is very very nice. However, in Bright sunlight, it is still very tough to see ... even after boosting up the ...

What a great camera, unbeatable for the price. Takes excellent shots and with the nice 2.5" LCD it can't be beat for that. My only gripe is the 7 cm macro, but other than that it's a great buy for the holiday season. Problems: 4" min shutter, though I know many don't do night shots like I do 7 cm macro focus is rather weak, but then again that's just me