Olympus SP-565UZ

Announced Aug 25, 2008 •
outdoorboy

Easy to learn and operate. good image quality, especially at 64 and 100 ISO. 200 and 400 are decent, and 800 is also decent for small prints. Solidly built, and logical menus. 26mm wide angle is awesome - there is a touch of distortion at full wide angle, but not a problem for nature and landscape photography. Small and compact, and excellent electronic viewfinder. Lots of options and customization. Problems: Photos are a touch soft, but easily remedied by increasing contrast and ...

crippy

Nice camera at an incredible price! I've owned my 565 for about 6 months now and love it. I've own 2 other cameras, but this one has them beat. Construction of the 565 is really good. It's one of the smallest 20x cameras out there making it easier to carry and store. Build is sturdy, strong and comfortable. Features are too many to mention here. Has full auto to full manual. P setting is what I use the most, allowing for auto setting and manual setting at the same time, such as auto ...

jacob207

Poor AF, most of the frames are not in focus at all. Sometimes there is NO ANY focused point in the whole frame though the shooting conditions were pretty well. I've tried all AF methods available in the camera but without any significant improvement. Noise floor is too high and many distortions can be observed even at ISO200. The ratio of good shots to the total shots done at indoor is ~1/30, while outdoor ratio is ~5/30.

quinella66

This is the 3rd camera in this Olympus series that I have purchased and overall I am pleased. The 20x zoom is incredible and with the image stabilization (not on my previous models) it is even easier to get clear pictures at the long telephoto position. It also overcomes one of the weaknesses of previous models in that it has a wide angle position. The 10 megapixels is also great and can allow you to crop out even smaller portions of an image and still print it in high quality. I generally ...

sweetraskels
JSMD

bad AF- very often wrong , lens good -but with small Sensor this means nothing - junk Problems: slow and very noisy.

Guy Thorsen

I have shot several Hundred images with the Olympus SP-565UZ over several months. My one complaint is Each and Every photo needs a Post Shooting ~ Tweak of some sort. I use the Un Sharp 95 % of the time, due to lack of sharpness. I must also up the contrast. I would have expected a much sharper lens. It could just be MY camers lense, and I got a Limon?. OR NOT?

France88

Just bought oly SP565-UZ and it's a great camera. Very easy to use, good quaiity of pictures, very compact. I use to be a fan of Canon but I'm find with oly.It's smaller than the others with a 20x zoom. Problems: Not so far.