Olympus Stylus 300

Announced Jan 9, 2003 •

I bought this camera primarily for use when in adverse weather conditions and when diving (with the optional waterproof case). I bought mine from best buy for $280, with a $30 rebate and about $50 in cash rebate coupons from best buy. So for only $200 out of pocket, it was a decent deal. This camera takes decent pics and is fairly rugged (so far). I do hate that olympus uses its own xd media as opposed to a sd card which are cheaper and much more common in automated photo printers, ...

Easy to use, sometimes has given me very nice pictures. Movie mode is bad, however, as the optical zoom can't be used and digital zoom, as always, is horrid. My second digital camera, I'm actually looking for more, as its jpeg pictures leave much to be desired sometimes. I wonder if weatherproof is useful or a gimic since the included literature all says "if it gets wet wipe it off immediately or it will break" basically, which I would think would be ok on other cameras too. The battery ...

Several weeks ago, I bought the Stylus 300 Digital as a replace for my old D490z. I really like the size, speed and feel of the camera, but I think the image quality could be better. The contrast and sharpening of the pictures appears to be over emphasized. Plus, as many people have mentioned, the weak flash combined with a slow lens makes it a little difficult for taking indoor pictures. Overall, it is a fine point-and-shoot camera for taking snapshots, just do not expect anything more.

All ok apart from no audio for video and poor quality of flash at night. Problems: Yes, camera broke down after a week (lens barrier didn't activate camera or zoom). Sent off to Olympus, over a month later got camera back, however, with ALL accessories missing including the battery so I couldn't even test whether the camera was repaired or not. Bad quality and poor service. Will return. Another problem I thought was that the battery cannot be charged while in the camera.

Traded in a Canon s200 to buy this camera. First picture I took was outside the store. It was a bright sunny day yet the flash fired ....? I forced the flash off and took several pictures outside - they were quite sharp and well exposed. Indoor pictures were a bit tougher to expose properly with the flash. I kept trying to take a picture of my fireplace to no avail. All of these photos came out dark except for a reflection of the flash on the shiny brass trim. I guess the preflash the camera ...

It may just be me but I'm disappointed with the stylus. Having pre-ordered last month, I started using it as soon as the battery was charged but found that the images were fuzzy and less clear than with my old Olympus D-460 Zoom and 1.3mp. I intend to return and hope for better luck with the new D-560 Zoom due out in April. Problems: Fuzzy pictures, weak flash.

nice looking however looks are not everything Problems: poor picture quality, especially indoor use-poor resolution in macro mode, i have tried every option to try to correct this, the shots are clear but not like the pentax otio 430rs i took back to get this olympus. I am taking this one back as well, i find that i have to take some pictures three times before i find the right setting, the program auto is not doing its job in my opinion. Daytime shots seem to be okay