Olympus E-100 RS

Announced Aug 22, 2000 •
Nico

I fell in "love" with this camera after spending a lot time researching on the web...Then I started looking for one in South Africa..... :( at last found one and a good deal.. I was worried that reality would kick in once I owned it - this being my first digicam (huge Pentax SLR investment). I am not dissapointed - I have printed 8x10 on my Epson with just the epson shipped sprinting software - great shots. This is a GR8 camera to own at a good price that will be useful to SLR user.. Problems: ...

John Anthony

This camera is an absolute gem at a bargain price. Do not be fooled into disregarding this camera because it only has 1.5 megapixels. The image quality is superb. The camera is very SLR like. Multi spot metering, 7.5fps, depth of field (shallow DOF usually unattainable on a consumer digital), 38-380mm with no add-on lenses, exposure lock, precapture mode make this an ideal camera for any type of photography Problems: None

I'm using this camera for concertphotography and it's the best!! If there's anybody out there from the Netherlands, please contact me on ya.smit@quicknet.nl...we can set up a usersgroup for this camera in the Netherlands. Problems: No.

Steven Hilmy

Comming from an SLR background I am astonished at those who consider this to be a heavy camera! It's tiny, portable, very ergonomic, and produces pictures I could not have taken with any other camera I have ever used thanks to the 15 FPS motor drive and the precapture feature. I love it! It's also wonderful to take a spot reading (or even multiple with averaging) and get an instant preview.

John Mackay

Absolute beginner photos here: http://testweb.ao7.net/photos/ I am delighted with the quality and ease of use of this camera. I believe that it and it's cousin (Olympus 2100UZ) are the best sub $1000 cameras on the market today. I got it for around $549 US ($1100 AUD) from Frys wheras this same camera would have cost me $3000 AUD in Australia. Problems: Ok... it's been 5 minutes and I can't think of any.

You just cant buy a camera that can outdo this one. I dont know what they find wrong with it. Its a great cam. I have had many and its the best.....

Frys has it for 399 dollars But probably time is running out I think so we can do a good work group hear to discuss pro's and cons of this camera. There are some good user reviews in cnet which says that it better than 3 Mp and is one of the Best kept secrets with respects to Image quality? i have one and i believe it. considering the size of camera very good battery life. Problems: Sharp learning curve. 8mb flash card. no lens cap strap Barrel distortion at wide angle. Heavy

Using this camera for special events like racing sports and airplane shows is realy an adventure 15 pictures precapture mode 10x optical- and 2.7x digital zoom is a great deal which compensates for the "only" 1.4 Megapixel CCD. The best dealYou can get for around 500$. There´s nothing in the wide range of cameras upto even 1000$ with a shutter speed of 1/10000 sec. A great buy if You still can get one. Problems: The FL40 Flash with its mount and cable is more expensive than this superior ...

rockthecat

Great camera for journalism/web use where overkill resolution isn't necessary but image quality and sharpness are. Plus Frys Electronics has 'em on sale for $399. Now THATS a buy.