Olympus D-540 Zoom (C-310 Zoom)

Announced Feb 12, 2004 •

One of the best 3.2MP cameras for image quality the C-310/D-540 offers easy operaytion, a innovatibe on-screen mode dial offering access to: Program Auto, Portrait, Portrait-Landscape, Landscape, Night Scene, Self Portrait, and Movie. Movie mode records in 320x240 resolution in MOV format and the menu system is easy to use with quick access to white balance settings from the top menu and exposure composition can be adjusted through the main menu, accessed via the OK/Menu buton . A super ...

Excellent entry level camera. I've bought it for my girlfriend 6 months ago and we've used it a lot since. Although I can mention many con's, I'd buy it again if I had the choice (or the money to buy one myself). Pro's: - Good lense: razor-sharp photos. (BIG PRO! The lense is really worth the 3MP.) - Easy to use. - Many nice features, such as: night-scene mode, movie (w/o sound), panorama mode (w/ stitching software), macro mode (will make a sharp full size photo of a stamp), 3x optical zoom ...

My first digital. Bought based on these reviews, others. Image quality is very good. Easy to use and learn camera. Good features for price. Battery life is miserable, even using HIMH rechargables! I continue to look for reasons and solutions. Problems: Months ago I recall several owners reporting bad battery life. BAD Indeed. Battery meter comes on very quickly. Talked to Olympus. Sending camera back to investigate. I use niMH batteries. Carry 2 tra set when shooting. Will post ...

Takes EXCELLENT pictures! Great value for the $, also has a "Pixel Mapping" feature accessible from the menu to map out bad pixels. Problems: Zoom became jammed somehow and made loud clicking noise going in and out.

This is my first camera and im really glad of it. It's a great choise for such a small price. I really get beautiful images. the best thing is super macro mode which lets u take pictures from 2cm ! Problems: On the other hand, it's weakness is night or low light photos.

Great Camera and Great Picture quality.

I bought this camera for my son, who's 8. He caught on quickly with how to use the camera - loves the 3x opt zoom. He's getting really nice shots with it, and again, he's only 8. Particularly nice are the indoor shots with the flash. This is a great little camera for not much money. Problems: Very little manual control, so it's for someone who wants a simple point and shoot.

Best image quality I've seen in a 3.2 at this price. I enjoy selling this cam to my customers. Problems: None. And I dont say that much!