Olympus D-540 Zoom (C-310 Zoom)

Announced Feb 12, 2004 •

I purchased this due to an old 1.3 MP D460 I gave my wife and its been a solid performer. When getting a small camera for business trips I decided to go with Olympus because of the success we have had with the 460. Sadly this is a boat anchor due to poor battery life. Virtually unusable. Olympus should be ashamed for releasing this product. For example when I put in new batteries or freshly charged batteries I can take about 4 shots before they die. Put new batteries in at night, leave ...

I find this camera rather frustrating to use because it doesn't seem to like anything other than bright sunlight for taking pictures. You can turn the flash off, but then it automatically goes into slow shutter speed which I have found makes my photos grainy and overexposed. It particularly hates taking photos with contrasts e.g. light skinned people wearing dark clothes and always seems to render the colour purple as blue. You can extend the woeful battery life by using the rechargables. The ...

I purchased this camera for my daughter as I am (was) an Oly fan. It has now been back three times for repair and I am just seeing if it is fixed. It is unlikely it is fixed as Oly say they have done nothing to it! This camera consumes batteries when it is turned off. DO NOT BUY ONE! Problems: This camera eats batteries as a hobby. Oly seem to think that a 3 week life for the battery with the camera turned off is OK.

very nice camera but dosn't last long. I mad it fall accidentally once and borung it to the shop. The guy told me that it would cost more money to fix it than to buy a new one ! Problems: TO FRAGILE