Olympus D-500L

Announced Sep 10, 1997 •
MaxiMax

Bought mine new in the UK back in 1998 for £ 599.00. It was my first digital camera. I just loved it because of its SLR style and practicality. I still have it, keeping it just as a memorabilia. Problems: At 0.8 Mp, it is useless for serious photography. One can only produce small prints upto postcard size before pixelation is visible.

Scor19

This was my first digital camera I have owned OM2 and OM2s film models in my photo business for years so know the Olympus brand and quality. I got thiis camera in 1999 and it still works and I use it on occasion. it's only 850,000 pixels but its good for web shots and snapshots my sons use it from time to time. I have had no problems with it. Problems: Cons about it 2 major ones it eats regular batteries so switch to rechargeable Nicklel medal work best Low light focusing very bad

AdeV

The only reason this camera gets a "poor" on features is because it is (in digicam terms) ancient technology nowadays... However, as an entry into "sort-of" SLR digicams, the D-500L is no mean performer. Producing images of 1024x768 or 640x480 in three quality modes, it is still ideal for web-use and (perhaps) small prints. It sports a proper TTL viewfinder, autofocus, spot or average metering, built-in pop-up flash, 3x optical zoom, 43mm filter thread (ideal for adding a teleconverters, ...