Olympus D-490 Zoom (C990Z)

Announced Aug 1, 2000 •

THIS CAMERA IS THE BEST. WOW I NEVER KNEW THAT THIS WOULD BE THE NEXT FUTURE YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN RIGHT!! I LOVE IT. IF U DONT THAN GO BUY YOURSELF A CHEAP ONE FROM WHERE U PAY LESS AND BUY ONE FREE.

Hard to take a bad photo with this camera! Excellent low light abilities Excellent color accuracy and saturation Nice zoom, great value.

I bought the D490Z in November and could not be happier. I have taken about 700 pictures since then and have had no problems. The macro feature is great, and the picture quality is very good. I reccommend buying rechargable batteries. I have been able to taken about 200 pictures during a week vacation without having to recharge the batteries. A USB card reader is a must. It cuts down on time, and a larger MB smart card is advisable. I have a 64MB card, and I can take about 170 picture in ...

This is my first Digicam. I've been looking at them for years but only now have price and performance really hit an acceptable level. When I decided last fall that I was finally going to purchase, I spent about 3 months researching all sorts of different models. No matter what I looked at, I kept coming back to the Olympus D-490. I liked the idea of having an uncompressed .tiff mode, I liked the panorama and quicktime movie features, and I liked the point-n-shoot simplicity. Now that I've ...