Olympus D-490 Zoom (C990Z)

Announced Aug 1, 2000 •

Well this was my 1st camera and i love it, you can even take it into pitch darkness and use the flash and the software that comes with it and you get night vision pics pretty cool. http://lilgdog8.fotki.com whole site taken with this camera with no editing. Oh yellow spot dude clean your lens. i am fully satisfied Problems: Battery drainage at 1st but then i went out and purchased the Nihm rechargables with 8 batteries worth the money. Also you need to get the free usb reader forget serial .

Good camera. Terrible support. I would warn others and recommend they purchase another brand name. Problems: Support stinks. In essence, their warranty reads ANY impact makes the warranty invalid... that includes setting the camera on a table top. I dropped mine 2 feet to a carpeted floor and they refused to fix the camera.

I bought this camera for 269.00 on ubid.com. What a bargain. This camera takes great pictures! I have been to a several places taking pics, nighttime and daylight. I have gotten some excellent photos. You really have to read the manual, it is not as easy as a Kodak. The results are worth it though. Problems: The usual complaint, no usb connection. No problem with the batteries so far but make sure you read manual about inserting them, I think camera Must be off. 8MB card that comes with is ...

When I bought this camera I was looking for print-quality resolution and for a camera that looked like very similar to a standard film camera. This one was exaclty what I was looking for. Problems: I don't like the serial cable connection. It should be USB standard. Besides that, no other complain

Hard to take a bad photo with this camera! Excellent low light abilities Excellent color accuracy and saturation Nice zoom, great value.

This camera takes nice pictures, it has many features but still Problems: I had to replace the bateries after 15Min, I was shocked. When i replaced them it still kept draining those bateries like hell. And that is a sad thing for such a good camera. I dit it back to the store and i never buy a digital camera again.

I bought the D490Z in November and could not be happier. I have taken about 700 pictures since then and have had no problems. The macro feature is great, and the picture quality is very good. I reccommend buying rechargable batteries. I have been able to taken about 200 pictures during a week vacation without having to recharge the batteries. A USB card reader is a must. It cuts down on time, and a larger MB smart card is advisable. I have a 64MB card, and I can take about 170 picture in ...

I bought this camera to carry in my purse on vacation. It is an easy to use small camera. I like the lens retraction and the camera covering the lens when closed. I have taken about 60 pictures with it so far and no problems. One thing I would change is the eye viewer . My face touches the screen when I view thru the viewer. Wish I had a long eye cap to look thru. Problems: The viewer is not far enought away from the camera. I get face prints on the screen when I use the eye viewer.

I was fortunate enough to win this camera ina competition. I have previously used a Casio Ixus/Elph, but this is the first time I've had a digicam of my own to play with for as long as I want. The pic quality is excellent! The menu is simple and easy to use. The camera's body seems a little flimsy (especially the lense barrier) but otherwise, I really love it. Problems: Camera went dead while I was busy using it: lense barrier open, lense extended. I had to leave it without batteries for 24 ...

I just purchased this camera a couple days ago because I really wanted a digital camera for when we go on vacation. We're leaving Thursday. It came down to the Kodak DC3400 and Olympus D490Z. Each are 2 megapixel cameras. The Kodak has 2X zoom and Olympus has 3X. The Kodak was $50 cheaper and had USB while the Olympus did not. But I found a deal at Best Buy where you got a free USB Reader/Writer by mail if you purchased the Olympus. That took care of my biggest hesitation in buying ...