Olympus D-460 Zoom

Announced Feb 8, 2000 •

I like the size of the camera since on weekends, my method of transportation is via two wheels (Harley) rather than four. I wish I could scroll thru the camera photos faster and the batteries lasted longer (I always carry spares). Finally went to rechargable to defray costs. All in all, I like this camera, its size and features. Problems: I use this camera almost weekly to capture photos during my weekly Orange North Rotary Club meetings. My camera, which is out of warranty, quit working ...

Have enjoyed the results with the D-460Z. Now I think it's time to get an Olympus with more than 1.3 Megapixels, so that my prints will look sharper after enlargement. Problems: Enargement prints leave a lot to be desired.

I bought this camera to take pictures of cars and car show events. It operates well in a wide range of diverse environments and situations. Problems: It goes through regular batteries quite quickly. Invest in the rechargeables and you will not be disappointed.

I bought the camera about a month ago. My 2nd digital camera. Love it. Nice pictures. This model has been discontinued but do not know why. Most everyone seems to like this model. Would like to see other peoples pictures taken with it. Problems: I have to send it for repair. A binding noise as the lens goes in/out.

Good pictures for pretty small price (the camera is just like Olympus D-360, but about +100$ only for zoom feature.. not cool). Power OFF mode just ANNOYING: extremely slow and the cover bangs into objective. I'll try to find some additional cover for protecting the lens without going to OFF mode. Don't use big and weak software that comes with camera - use powerful and free PhotoPC instead! http://sourceforge.net/projects/photopc With this you can completely control your camera (really about ...

Had D450 for over one year. Excellent Camera for design and usabillity. Print 4x6 and 5x7 prints no problem, even 8x10 prints are ok not photo quality perfect. Would be perfect if it had manual/shutter/aperture control. Problems: No problem with lens cover. Other users must be in to much of a hurry or careless in closing cover. No Problems!!

Problems: After purchace of D 460,from costco,we began taking pictures to put on Ebay for our buisness. All of a sudden the camera stopped. That when it was discovered ,we had no charger. Very disappointed it was not in the package and was not told that it was not.