Olympus D-460 Zoom

Announced Feb 8, 2000 •

Based upon a review and comparison in a photo magazine, I selected this camera an an initial "get acquainted" digital model. Also lucky enough to catch an almost new one at my favorite retailer and got a good price plus some extras. I am amazed at the quality of the images that can be made with this camera. Even 7.5 x 10 inch prints look great straight off my HP Deskjet 970Cse. Problems: I agree that the sliding lens cover shut-off is perplexing. No problems with it yet.

I HAD A 450Z THAT CRATORED-- OLYMPUS CAME THRU-- @ 11 MONTH THEY SENT ME A RE-FURB- 460Z-- 450Z LENS SIMPLY QUIT RETRACTING-- THE 460Z IS EVEN EASIER TO USE-- TAKEN FANTASTIC SHOTS -- ESPECIALLY LOW LIGHT NIGHT SHOTS -- YOU HAVE TO TRY IT-- UNBELIEVEABLE QUALITY/ WITH NO FLASH-- WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE-- GET USB READER/ TO READ INTO COMPUTER-- DON'T WAIST MONEY ON FLOPPY READER.-- THINKING ABOUT C2500L -- HIGHER PIXEL'S, WITH TRUE SLR BUILD-- CHECK OUT WWW.PRICESCAN.COM THEY WILL LEAD ...

Excellent quality pictures fas and very easy to use. Nice looking also Problems: Lens cover hits lens when closing

This takes better pix than cameras costing twice as much!! The depth of field in unbelievable, and everything is nicely lighted - indoor and out. I bought this just to get my feet wet w/ DC and wait for some 5 MP cameras to come, so I was really belown away by the image quality that even my 8 yr old can get. Best $300 I ever spent Problems: Slide cover is almost impossible to keep from hitting lens during closure.

Great pictures, FAST (camera can store images quickly unlike some others), nice zoom. This camera works & acts like a point & click 35mm. Excellent value. Problems: While I like the lens cover/power switch idea, I dislike the fact that the cover can rub against the lens when it is retracting if your not careful.

I purchased the Sony DSC S30 and used it for 3 weeks. I own a Olympus D340R. The reason I purchased the Sony was for the zoom. The camera has a lot of features but on automatic settings, the indoor flash pictures are dark and poor quality. Outdoor pictures come out great but not having a view finder forces you to use the screen. On sunny and or bright snowy days, the screen is hard to impossible to use. I returned the Sony DSC S30 and ordered the Olympus D460Z. I have used the D450Z. ...