Olympus D-460 Zoom

Announced Feb 8, 2000 •

For a $325US camera, you get alot for your money. I like it very much, it takes excellent pictures. A USB port would have been great, but getting a free Card reader with the camera was a great deal. Also, I wish it had the Date/Time stamp on picture as a feature. Problems: none A USB port would have been great

Having used a friends Nikon CoolPix 990 I wasn't sure how this little Olympus would measure up, but I couldn't resist the duty free price on the ferry home. I've taken 3/400 pics so far, printed some, and so far I can't fault the camera in any major way. It looks/feels like a 35mm SLR, works well in auto mode, yet has some quite advanced controls if you wish to use them. It really is great in low light conditions (some images are better without the flash). Even my friend with the Nikon ...

Good pictures for pretty small price (the camera is just like Olympus D-360, but about +100$ only for zoom feature.. not cool). Power OFF mode just ANNOYING: extremely slow and the cover bangs into objective. I'll try to find some additional cover for protecting the lens without going to OFF mode. Don't use big and weak software that comes with camera - use powerful and free PhotoPC instead! http://sourceforge.net/projects/photopc With this you can completely control your camera (really about ...

Have been very happy with camera. 35MM cameras are kind of a hobby and wanted to try digital. This camera is great in that it is very small and easy to use, and has amazing picture quality for a 1 .3 m camera. A friend has a Canon G20 and is amazed at how close the picture quality is for much less money. Problems: The front door could be a better system. Would like more zoom lens range.

Had it 3 days, fun camera and am happy with it. Problems: Turning it off is a pain. The sliding door must be moved less than .100" to retract the lens. It is not at all easy to do this without banging the door into the lens, which is forbidden by the instructions. The "off" feature should be re-engineered.

I like this camera a lot - got it for cheap for a total of $254.71 with tax/shipping. So far I've taken over a hundred pictures. Only two pictures turned out to be perfect and I found out that it was my fault for the pictures not turning up as desired. Many of my pictures were a bit blurry but I found out that with proper settings and handling, it's possible to capture pictures with superb quality. The tele zoom is pretty convenient, indoor shots of people are great, and this camera ...

Had D450 for over one year. Excellent Camera for design and usabillity. Print 4x6 and 5x7 prints no problem, even 8x10 prints are ok not photo quality perfect. Would be perfect if it had manual/shutter/aperture control. Problems: No problem with lens cover. Other users must be in to much of a hurry or careless in closing cover. No Problems!!

Problems: After purchace of D 460,from costco,we began taking pictures to put on Ebay for our buisness. All of a sudden the camera stopped. That when it was discovered ,we had no charger. Very disappointed it was not in the package and was not told that it was not.

eric

bought one for my mother and played with it all day. it really is a nice little camera. all the gripes that i read about here seem to be non existant. the sliding cover does NOT rub the side of the lens. in fact my mother and i could only get it to do so when forced. looks like olympus fixed the problem. the pictures look stunning for a 1.3mp camera. even at 640x480 in low res mode everthing looks really good. takes great low light shots with no flash. even with flas it looks great and the ...

I recently purchased my 1st digital camera- a HP215. I proptly took it back and got the Olympus. The picture quality is great! Also, battery life is many times better than the HP. My lens cover does not come in contact with the lens. It's very close, but NO contact. The construction is "solid". There are alot of features jammed into that camera. I love it, and am happy with the purchase. Problems: No USB?!?!? I find that unacceptable.