Olympus D-460 Zoom

Announced Feb 8, 2000 •

Received 460z for birthday. Not much of a camera buff, howeverknow enough to recognize a good camera at a good price. With Photo deluxe H.E. 3.0 able to fix most goofs I make when shooting pics. The auto focus, zoom and flash feature works for me. Problems: none

Excellent camera overall, have been using it for almost 2 years. Problems: Need help in printing 4x6 size photo. I tried really hard to print 4x6 photos, but unable to do it. Is it because of 1280x960 images? Please help. Thanks. Email me please.

After a professional photograher viewed some of my pictures, he decided it was time to get into Digital. He said my pictures were better than the ones he took at the same event at the same time. I upgraded from a Oly 220dl, loved that camera, and love this one. It takes great photos and if you use lithium batteries, goes for months without changing batteries. Problems: Lens failed to close for several weeks, but problem went away -(my grandaughter dropped it prior to this problem)

I've had this camera about 5 months now and am very happy with it. It produces a VERY good quality image that will print great around 5x7" and still impressive at 8x10". The resolution is good enough for a home snapper and most people don't use a screen resolution as high as 1280x960 anyway ( I use 800x600 and usually view the images "fit to screen" to that resolution ). Battery life is good and I can get around 160 pictures ( 64mb card ) at best resolution including transfere to pc with ...

For the price, a great little camera. Has some terrific features. I used the panoramic guides to put together a 32' x 6" lanscape shot. The whites tend to be a little pink/purple in tone, but nothing that Photoshop couldn't adjust. Problems: The flip up flash is a nice touch, but it doesn't hold up well to impact, having banged mine after owning it for two weeks, it is now held open with a piece of cardboard.

walt

This my third digital camera. Takes incredible available light shots- the flash is excellent too. Great features! They aint make'em this good for the price any more. Am leaving for China and my Sony FD-91 with the 14x zoom was going to be my primary camera- Now- I've changed- My Olympus 460 will be my primary camera. Have utilized the slide show feature (tapeing to a VCR) for great church shots of our vacation bible school this past week. If you can find one- buy it! 145 pics on a ...

Although I have gotten great photos with my 460z, I am already experiencing my second major problem in the year that I have owned it. I sent the cameral back in April because a fine blue streak was appearing in many of my photos. I got it back quickly- it was repaired for free, but the LCD display was very slightly askew. Now the LCD has stopped working altogether. I'll be sending it off for repairs yet again. I like the camera but am disappointed in the problems I have experienced. Problems:

I had one for a while, and was able to take great pictures. If you get one make sure to get a SmartMedia USB card reader because the serial connection is too slow. Problems: I did have one issue with this camera and I haven't heard anyone else say anything about this. Seems you need to have a *really* steady hand otherwise the picture becomes blurry. If you are at the store and you have all the various digital cameras in front of you, hold it and press the shoot button, and observe how the ...

I've owned this camera for well over a year and use it extensively. The camera is easy to use and takes great pictures for the resolution. I shoot in SHQ and can get over 140 pictures on a singal 64MB smart media card. For those wanting a camera that can take very good photos that can be printed up to 5x6 in. size. I would highly recommend this camera. Problems: None

The resolution is quite good. Just remember to set it at a higher quality if you plan to print the shots. Otherwise, SQ is good for shots to keep on your screen or to e-mail them. The lens cover that doubles as the on and off switch is a little chintzy - it doesn't move as smoothly as I think it should. I like this camera a lot and am very pleased I bought it. The price was good and the camera is fun. It's small enough that I can carry it around in my pocket. Problems: None other than ...