Olympus D-450 Zoom (C920Z)

Announced Jul 31, 1999 •

Problems: how do you download the pictures you've taken into your computer

I bought my d450z 2 years ago, and it's a decent, fun camera with no serious vices. At 1.3Mpixels, it is essentially obsolete, but still serves as a handy trip camera. I was intially initmidated, but after a little effort w/the manual, I learned it ok. Problems: Computer downloading is slow (but to be expected w/serial port). Keep the LCD screen off most of the time, and it'll save battery life.

Read this beforebuying! I bought the D450Z 2 years ago and shot over 4000 photos with it. I have a few hundred good shots to show for it and thousands of what I consider JUNK. Clarity is rarely sharp with the lens that seems to be just out of focus. Indoor shots turn all fleshtones greenish. A friend of mine has the same camera and is as dissappointed as I am. Although I love the easy one handed operation and integrated lens cover, I recommend any of the C2000 series cameras for their ...

This was a great camera when it was first released, but you can get more bang for the buck elsewhere now. Don't get me wrong, I still love this camera.

Great camera but flat images, especially indoors. Also a color cast on all images which means that for decent prints off an inkjet you're going to need to tweak every image. For me this makes this camera virtually useless. Problems: Flat images, color cast.

Nice camera, with possibility of sequential picture shots. I really enjoyed this camera BUT I've got a picture problem: when I zoom the picture (200 to 500%) I see small vertical lines. Without zooming, I don't see them, only when I zoom and when I print them :-((( I only hope this problem will be fixed soon. My C920 Z serial number: 60309777 Is there many defective cameras out there? Problems: Picture vertical lines that are only visible when you zoom the picture or print the picture

This camera takes great pictures and is easy to use. I just returned from a trip to Egypt where I was astounded at the super pictures it took in tombs, temples and museums, where flash is not allowed. I changed no settings, just took the pictures on auto. It's amazing! Problems: The manual is terrible! It takes quite a while to learn to navigate through it!

KW

I just bought one Olympus D-450 Zoom recently and I discovered that there's like some kind of manufacturing defect on my unit: there're patches of tiny vertical lines all over the photo it takes. I've been using D-340R before this and have taken over hundred photos and none was like this. I've seen also a lot of sample photos taken by D-450 Zoom on the net and they all looked perfect too. I went back to the shop and exchanged for a new unit but it ended up the same. The serial numbers of ...