Olympus D-340R

Announced Jan 2, 1999 •
hha

My long years of taking pictures with film came to an end 10 years ago, when I purchase of this camera in 1999. Only 1.2 Mp, no zoom, but auto focus, autoexposure point and shoot. I used it as a digital notebook, shooting thousands of wonderful candid shots on travel all over the world. The 4 AA batteries lasted for close to 1000 shots (optical viewfinder) and the pictures were always well exposed and in focus. The ratings above are for what was available in 1999. By current standards the ...

I had the camera for a year and a half, worked great until one day it showed low battery. I replaced battery and the camera never came back on. I paid $499 cdn for it, my Loss. Problems: Repair center said circuit board went bad and wanted $300 to repair it. I purchased a Fuji 201a for $349. I'd never waste my money on Olympus again.

I got this camera in 99. Payed over $500 for it here in Canada but I guess everything is expensive up here. It has been a great camera and takes amazing pictures. I wish it had a zoom though. I have dropped it a few times so it's a bit beat up but still works great. I have posted some of the pics I took on it to webshots. Check them out http://community.webshots.com/user/lonewolf813 Problems: Notice the date is now 1902 on it. I haven't been able to figure out how to delete all the pics at ...

I bought this camera in June 1999, and in those almost 3 years I have taken almost 5,000 pictures with it. Most of the pictures were taken in 640x480 resolution, but others were done at 1280x960. I must say the quality of the pictures is absolutely amazing! Check out my website and click on "photo album" to see some examples (http://www.crhoads.com). For the last few days I've been shopping around to get a new digital camera (that has more features like optical zoom and higher ...

Great camera. Easy to use. Produces sharp/clear pics. Sturdy. Love this puppy! Problems: Eats the batteries.

Had it for nearly three years without any problems. Sometimes forget how to set flash but that's minor. If I buy another digital, I'll look at Olympus first. Problems: None

I had this camera for couple of months before my kid dropped it in the water (sea water). It took great picture, much better than my previous Sony Floppy Disk 640x480. Focus and lighting are both much better than my previous Sony. Problems: No zoom. Eat batteries. Slow shutter.

I use to take a lot of photos with a SLR but focusing problems due to my astigmatism caused me to get disappointing results. At least not up to my standards. Decided to leap back into the photo stuff with the birth of my daughter. I read the reviews and the quick and dirty little camera that delivers quality photos was the Olympus D series -- without paying close to a thousand dollars. I broke my D-340L and my brother-in-laws chipped into buy me the D-340R as a replacement. (I had ...

I bought this camera on the chance of perhaps being dissapointed and putting it away or selling it. I have had all good things to say about it ...I use it quite a bit on the job if I have to e-mail photos of accidents or damage at work in the airline industry. Quite simple to use just small and ruged enough to carry every where. Problems: Battery life.

Had my 340r for a few years now. You have to take it for what it is, a no frills, entry level 1.3M DC that takes great shots for the money and that's it. Problems: No real problems other than the lack of an optical zoom. The 2X digital zoom is totally worthless