Olympus D-300L

Announced Sep 5, 1996 •
BruceLee

Dave Baay is right on. I bought this camera back in November of 96 for $800 and some coin. It was (in my opinion) the best consumer level digital camera at the time. It did what it was suppposed to do. TAKE PICTURES! I would love to find a camera today that focuses it's efforts on taking pictures and stop wasting time making it shoot mpeg or voice recording. I dropped this camera on the ground at least half a dozen times. Eventually a peice or the case broke but it still keeps taking good ...

I feel I just have to write about this camera too. i bought one when it was the first camera I known that droped under $1000 in 1997. I have traveled around the world with that camera and a zip-drive and used it for every party or just holiday-standard pictures. I have taken over 7000 photos with it. There are some bad behaviours about it like the slow cable (11 minutes for 6Mb), slow memory (6 secs before next shot), the LCD is EATING battery and there is no zoom.

frans

prima camera voor niet te veel geld,zeer goed contrast,helder beeld,ontdanks een lagere resolutie dan de nieuwere types,flits van dichtbij geeft iets overbelichting,makkelijke bediening,

Proof it's not what you've got but the way you use it. Check out Hiroshi Kamakura (http://www.dpcorner.com/pros/pro01.shtml & http:// www.kamakurart.com ) to see that artists will utilise anything and produce...well...art! ps...I've not used this camera at all but just wanted to make a point!

I bought my d 300l about a year ago through e bay as a store closeout. I take it with me wherever I go and use it often. I have never been disappointed with its results. I feel that its a perfect intro level camera that anyone can operate and get good results. Eventually I'll upgrade to newer digital technology,which far surpasses the ability of the d 300l, but for its age, this is a fine camera and I would recommend it for anyone who wants or needs a small simple digital camera for ...

Ive had this camera for 4 years now. Aside from the slow download I've found it to be quite useful. Still does everything I need it to do and I don't intend on upgrading any time soon. But if I do it will certainly be another Olympus! Problems: None

I purchased the Japanese model of this camera in Japan, so I had it months before it showed up on the US market. I still like the camera, as it takes good pictures for web applications and it looks and feels like a standard point and shoot. The camera also has stood the test of time -- daily use for years in all sorts of weather here in Alaska. Its design also allowed it to be stowed under a heavy jacket in extremely cold weather and fished out for pictures at temperatures as low as -45 to ...

A great workhorse...used it for years before upgrading to a Kodak. Never had any problems with it, and even today, the images it produces are better than many of the lower end digital cameras. Problems: None

The one and only other review of this camera was not complimentary at all, so I thought I'd balance the scorecard with mine. The D-300L was a great camera at a fairly reasonable price... when it came out 5 years ago! Sure it gets the $^!+ kicked out of it by current models, but that's to be expected. At the time, it was one of the few 1024x768 camera available for well under $1000. I just upgraded to a Canon G1 which is head and shoulders above the D-300L in performance, features and value ...

Don't bother - just a kids toy - have owned product for several years and only gives good results in perfect light conditions. Used only to get my pictures out whilst waiting for film to be processed. Give it to your kids to play with. Problems: Cable connection is a real dog., software is crap especially MacOS version, paint wears of the crap plastic painted covers. Cable download is a pain no updates on software. I will never buy an Olympus again!!!.