Olympus C-730 UZ

Announced Sep 12, 2002 •
johnsm2

An OK camera for the money, this SLR achieves a resonable compromise on features and is appropriate for moderate spenders or new digital users. I've had this camera for a year now, and am still mostly satisfied. But I will definitely upgrade to a better level in the future as the problems (see below) can be irritating. The 10x zoom is very effective in bright light. You will be hard pressed to find similar zooms for the money. This is really the only reason someone should buy an Olympus ...

Kuo-Wei Wong

Having owned a Olympus D490, really like the quality and built, I thought I would stick with Olympus line. However, I was very disappointed with this "upgrade". The lens has a loose feel, although it does not affect the picture, it feels cheaply made. The focus is a tad slow during the day, but night time is poor, resulting with high noise shots over and over again. The 10x zoom is the very good, though. I like the idea of using both smartmedia and xD, since I have a invested in ...

I just bought Olympus C-730 UZ last two days, I am very disapointed with the image quality. When I shot indoor the darkest area got a lot of noise, even I scale down to 50% in photoshop still can see the noise. I went back to that shop pay extra RM$150 change to nikon coolpix 4300. I much more better when I shot indoor.

D Monet

my 2nd digital camera. 1st was Kodak DC280, that my wife bought me in 1999. For a digital camera the Kodak was decent for a long time. Wanted more than a point-and-shoot, also wanted: video, zoom, and manual features this time around. I returned the C730 after a week. I used it a lot inside, outside, day, night, played with manual features and video. Was disappointed with image resolution, and software. Haven't decided on a new one yet. Looking in a slightly higher price range, at Minolta 7hi ...

david burrowes

My first digital - intutive to use - good results Problems: LCD screen washes out in bright light / sun