Olympus C-730 UZ

Announced Sep 12, 2002 •
david burrowes

My first digital - intutive to use - good results Problems: LCD screen washes out in bright light / sun

david burrowes

Fanthony

Too much noise! Problems: Too much noise!

Value for money camera with many semi-pro features. A good tool for the average photographer. Some Photos Here : www.pbase.com/cfotop Comments at:cfoto@blackbox.gr Problems: Auto-Focus Lag on Low Light conditions. Some noise on low light photos with slow shutter speed

excellent camera, Problems: nothing of signifigance

ruzzy

very good camera. LEns with 10x zoom is amazing. Problems: Slow in focusing and shutterlag.

heathcliff

i have been taking photos with my slr for many years but this is my first digital camera. i wanted very good picture quality, big tele and supermacro. i am really enthusiastic about the c730. even with artificial light the picture quality is very good, i take fantastic tele photos even without tripod and the supermacro is amazing (i have just started to take photos of my stone collection). for this prize i can highly recommend the camera with all the manual possibillities that a more ...

Rick Harrison

Swapped for Fuji S602Z after three weeks of trying to accept the image quality problems. Much happier now! Problems: Inordinately high noise levels (graininess) in any low-light portion of a shot (flash extremities etc) even when set to 100 iso. Even when perfectly focussed, image has an overall "softness" (Sharpness setting @ +-0). I wonder if this in-built softness is a deliberate attempt to de-emphasize the noise level? CA (purple fringing) this effect is something that seems to happen ...

Trond N

Had this camera for about 3 weeks now. It's my first digital. I really enjoy the camera. Makes great outdoor shots, the 10X zoom is very cool. The macro functions is excellent. There's even a load of functions and manual settings. I highly recommend this camera. Problems: Use external flash for close up macro shots. The long lens will make make a shadow with the internal one. Autofocus in low light might be a struggle. But using AF in spot mode, or even use manual AF often saves the day. And ...

Jens Nissen

I have used this camera now for 6 months (my second digital) and I am happy with all aspects exept the software which is cumbersome and not always clear. Problems: Am I missing something ?? I have yet to find any reference to uploading images into this camera