Olympus C-700 UZ

Announced Mar 19, 2001 •
Rick2456

I picked up this camera at Sears a year & 1/2 ago for $240. I also bought a 2x tele converter for another $40 including the tube extension. I used this camera primarily when i need the telephoto. To minimize blurred shots at telephoto, i set the menu switch to sport mode which increases the shutter speed and have had no problems. Great camera, good pictures and even has a TIFF mode for taking pics with no compression. Problems: Slow start up and a bit bulky. I wish there was a case with ...

I bought and used c700 for 10 months, I think it's ok for my job( construction work). More than 1,000 photo. I took. Up to this time, some features have not yet been tested by myself. Problems: Electronic viewfinder is not work in some area that the light is insufficient.

Zephalephelah

At the time of my purchase, this was my first digital camera. And I was IMPRESSED! Excellent sharpness, white balance, panoramics, ease of use, features, etc. Problems: It broke when it fell :)

michael dixon

second digital camera i purchased its easy to use and i got some great shot at a high school football game love the 10x zoom

Grozzie

Had this camera 1 month, I did try to like it but the lack of IS feature & chromatic aberration in brightly lit day shots was more than intolerable for stable photography. Upgraded?! to the earlier less resolution model Oly E-100 & couldn't be happier with the results!! Problems: above

If I use 128MB (from Film) I can't use the option 'Panorama'. I formated the memory but still. Anyone has the same problem? With the 'Olympus SmartMedia' I don't have any problems. Does anyone know if it is because of the menory type or ....? Problems: no 'Panorama'

Hej

I own an Olympus C-700, which is my first digital camera and I was forced to choose it based only on recommendations from coworkers (and their recommendations were based purely on specs and Olympus' reputation). I work at a computer store which sells digital camers, btw. Anyways, getting back to the point. Having owned my camera for nearly a year, I can honestly say I'm dissapointed with the lens quality and color saturation. Very rarely do I snap pictures that look sharply focused, ...

I bought that camera for the great zoom. It is really great! And I did not find any problems because of the lack of the stabilizer. You can look at some of my pictures at altur.0catch.com Problems: 1. I cannot take pictures in the dark, because of the electronic viewfinder 2. The LCD at the back is not detachable - VERY bad 3. The color noise is very high, especially when light is not enough (I think that is common for all cameras). A friend of mine has CANON Z1. It makes better shots. 4. ...

got the camera for X-Mas, and it looks like a nice camera overall, except that I have to remove the batteries every time I want to turn it off. I hope it just means I am doing something wrong, I hope to find out soon. Any suggestions from anyone??? They would be very welcome.

I don't Know yet. I have to wait till Christmas