Olympus C-700 UZ

Announced Mar 19, 2001 •

It's a very good camera Problems: no problems

Been using the C700 for a month or so. So many people seem to complain about the small print manual that introduces the camera. Don't they know that the CD has a 199-page (count 'em!) manual that they can print out and loose-leaf bind. It is mind-bogglingly complete and can answer nearly any question you have and many you don't even know enough to ask. Back to the CD drive, all you complainers! Problems: working with thee viewfinder in low light.

This is my first digital camera, having previously owned an SLR. My reasons for picking it were the large amount of manual control possible, and the massive zoom. In use, I have not been disapointed with respect to either feature. The zoom particularly allows the capture of excellent people shots, so long as you are aware of the possibility of speed shake in low light conditions. Additionally, the camera isn't difficult to use in the 'auto' mode - I have been able to lend it to other people ...

C-700UZ is my 2nd DC, I had had a Casio's QV3000 for almost 2 years, but was unsatisfied with it. Then I bort the C-700Z. I love the 10X zoom, you can get much more pictures you can not get by many other DCs, unless you always bring a heavy case with u. You can remove what u unexpected from photos easily. GET PICTURES YOU WANTTED, it is most important than to get a flawless picture. Problems: only con i have so far is C-700UZ has no BKT for white balance.

Features are enough but seems not intellegent Problems: 1. When taking photo indoor by flash, the P always be set at low speed result that the image may be affected by motion. If I want to use high speed, then S mode should be used but the aperture will be large. Does any fast setting can make it use high speed and smaller aperture when shoting indoor? 2. The optical viewer is not sharp enough because whole screen are dots. Anyone get above problems and how to solve?

Phil Marsden

I have had this camera now for about two months.The main feature i bought the c700 for was the 10X zoom. This is my first digital camera, and I am very impresed with the picture quality for a 2.1 megapixel camera. I spent a lot of time reserching on this site and found it very helpfull. The lack of I.S. is not a problem. The C 700 is compact for a 10X zoom I have used a Nikon SLR. for the past 15 years,I'm sure this will now just gather dust. I would highly recomend this camera Problems: ...

I bought this camera just recently and I'm very satisfied with it, For a mid range camera it has a very good image quality Especially in macro mode Zoom is very attractive Problems: No standard flash shoe on top of the camera No regular filter to fit the lens (no thread)

excellent camera.wonderful pictures.easy to use Problems: dont like the shortness life of batteries.

After made up my mind about buying a digital camera, i start gathering information about what was out on the market. During that search i came across this site. In here, i've read lot's of opinions, complaints and concerns. My short-list was shorten to 2 options: C-3020 and C-700 both from Olympus. Comparing pros and against features and limitations i have chosen the C-700. I have the machine for 3weeks now and i'm quite satisfied with it. Its 2.11 Megapix do the trick (The outstanding zoom ...

i use this camera over two months now. great zoom-performance, good image quality (even for TRUE photos in 20X30 cm size!!). the camera is very compact and features a lot of the functions from a real analog SLR. also the automatic modes do a good job. i love this camera! Problems: - some chromatic aberrations on some sunny weather shots but not a real problem with good photo software p.s.: sorry for my poor english :-)